HELP ME!!! clicking from front left suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockhillhonda

I have a clicking every time I hit the brakes going down the road, I thought it was the pad, or the caliper making the noise, but I don’t know, I have put it on a lift and ran it and hit the brake and it would not make the noise in the air, when I drove it after doing that it still made the noise. it also makes it when I am backing up to park, it sounds like the caliper is sliding just a little bit when you hit the brake but everything is tight I have checked 3 times. I don’t know if it might be in the suspension on ball joints or what, someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!! thanks :worthy:

check the steering rack.....sounds like a familiar problem I had....mine would make noise when I hit bumps or slowed down or come to a complete stop.

Probably a split CV boot. Mine made those clicking noises, most of the time when your turning. I had split inner boots on both sides and got them repacked and theyre fine. My friends got really bad and he never fixed the cracked boot it just clicks like mad. They told him once the CV joints were wrecked like his, thats as bad as they could get. Hes been driving on them like that for a year now hehe. Probably not recoomended.

no it is not the cv's i have already taken that out of wha tit could be and there new anyway, it only clicks when you hit the brake, either going foward or backward. it want do it if you hit the brakes gradually but if you just hit the brakes normally it makes a clicking noise that sounds like the brake pad or the rotor moving a little bit and hitting something, i have checked the ball joints as well and they are fine, i am going to replace them anyway, but other then that i have no idea what it could be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It could be that your rotors are groved. In extreme cases, the rotor will turn into a sprial looking thing (not really visible with the naked eye) anyways, the pad can actually ride the grove to the center of the rotor and bounce off the rotor tophat and cause a clicking sound. Its not very loud, but it can happen. Have your rotor runout tested. I would think pepboys would have a tester.

You could also have something stuck in your caliper. During the winter I get rocks in mine and it is fucking annoying.

you may want to check your suspension bushing, especially the lower control arm...

Back