Help me decide my next car

What car?

• Yaris

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • GSX

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MITSUHAHA.jpg

seriously Ive got plenty of friends that drive dsms and tune them... My buddy Chris has a badass boosted talon but the damn thing is constantly having to be fixed... he used to be with slowboy racing in houston and he actually helped start programming the 1st hondata that came out. He's a really good tuner too... DSM link and Hondata are pretty similar. Good luck... atleast they are cheap to fix...

i think its that most owners drive the shit out of those cars and they cant take the abuse... oh wait, its a Mits.. nevermind

:werd: The stereotype exists for an extremely good reason. One of my better friends has spent the car's value on repairs in one year. Not mods, repairs.

And Hondas are stereotyped to be slow and riced out, how true is that? What eg6sir said is true--these cars break because people start making more than twice the power of a stock car, drive the shit out of them, and either do not maintain them or expect them to handle it with minimal mods.

I'm sure tons of you know people with DSMs that are trouble, but most of the time they probably bought it thinking it was cheap speed and not considering how the previous owner treated the car. Like I said, my last car broke down twice--once when the EFI fuse went out, once when I didn't tighten down my negative terminal enough and it got loose. Flowed 36 lbs/min and kept up with cars trapping 110 at the same time.

Back on topic though, the decision's basically made. Thanks to everyone with actual input.

I drove a Talon TSi for about 3 years. It was 'surprisingly' a 'commuter' car. I wasn't driving the 'piss' out of it, because really, there was no REAL power in it. The suspension was horrible. I'd float around corners and not even at speed. It felt like I was defying gravity. Most of the money I put into it was on routine bullshit like filters, belts, etc, but it had one catastrophic failure: The radiator. It began to overheat and constantly become a pain in my ass, so I got rid of it.

I'm not a fan of earlier Mitsubishi/Eagle cars. I'm just not sold on their reliability. I bought a Honda Fit. You say they're 'too' expensive? I paid less than MSRP for mine, don't let the initial cost scare you.

But, if your other option is a Yaris... get the Yaris.

Gotta be up front - if this is going to be your ONLY car, then economy & reliablity has to win. Unless your boss will accept "my motor blew up" as an excuse for missing work.

Then I want that boss!

It's been getting 25 mpg city and the only thing it's breaking is egos.

haha you've had it for... 2... 3 days now?

I can patiently await your "goddamnit" post in the other vehicles section. Question is, when it gets to that point... (notice I didn't say if) are you going to post it to prove the stereotype correct?

25mpg city? I get 32 city. *shrug* but then again, I drive a completely different car. I suppose it isn't bad, but my teg still gets better than that... i like the ego comment though. lol

as long as you're happy with the car, that's all that matters. :) have fun with it! :)

25mpg city? I get 32 city. *shrug* but then again, I drive a completely different car. I suppose it isn't bad, but my teg still gets better than that... i like the ego comment though. lol

as long as you're happy with the car, that's all that matters. :) have fun with it! :)
It's a 4G63, those are good numbers! My evo for city gets lik 18mpg and 23mpg highway. Turbo's love gas. :(

Comparing the Fit to his souped up GSX is like comparing apples to oranges.

He'll arrive everywhere five minutes ahead of you ;).

Unless his crank walks off on him.

Unless his crank walks off on him.

Well, then hopefully his crank can take him for a drag.

I'm not sure if he has a 6 or 7bolt engine in there.

Whatever the case, if the crank hasn't walked with the miles currently on the car - its probably not going to walk - but most people who don't know the cars don't know that.

Also, most people don't know that their cranks may have already "walked" and are outside of dealer specs but perfectly driveable, without any symptoms unless you pull the car a part.

Back