Help me decide on a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got around 13K for mine, paid 23K and had it for 2 years.

5K value drop a year.

08 with 30K miles is good age/miles so it should be up there but give it 2 more years at 60K miles and it will be worth maybe 15

that was dealer trade in I bet. They turned around and sold it for 19-20

that was dealer trade in I bet. They turned around and sold it for 19-20

Nope, 10K for trade, I told them that was fine but they were coming down another 3K off the top of my already lowered price for the car I bought to replace it. With that being said 13K was my target and what I feel I got for it.

KBB was 13K private party. around 15-16 for dealer and 10 for trade

Just ran the KBB on an 08 TL with 30K miles, 25K is private party price, dealerships will run that car in the 27-29K range.

Last edited:
kia forte SX.

seriously.

probably th eonly thing you'll spend money on is oil

i really ahte to say it, but that thing looks pretty slick.. kia and hyundai are coming out with some pretty descent looking cars lately

if I were in the market I would be looking at a genesis coupe for 2-door, or a kia forte for 4-door. I honestly don't think the korean companies are that far behind anymore. hell, the last few years, honda has been going backward imo. had I thought things through I'd probably have looked for a late 90s prelude instead of buying my 07 civic, would have cost less for more car.

The only thing I've spent money on the Fit was for stupid shit I didn't need and rubber and oil.

Low cost of ownership so far in 16.5k miles.

the Forte Koup is pretty hot.... checked it out at the new car show in htfd last month.... actually a really nice car
had a ton of features
good seats
looked a hell of a lot better than the civic that honda brought there
interior was also better than the civic

what about a mini cooper?
mini is the only german car on the top 10 most reliable list
they handle really well
they get good MPG (36+ on the S, 40+ on the base)
they are fun to drive
they are comfortable
they have a bunch of room for a small car

what about a mini cooper?
mini is the only german car on the top 10 most reliable list
they handle really well
they get good MPG (36+ on the S, 40+ on the base)
they are fun to drive
they are comfortable
they have a bunch of room for a small car

Mercedes-Benz C-Class is most reliable car according to ADAC | BenzInsider.com - A Mercedes-Benz Fan Blog :shrug2:

I really liked the mini cooper (one of the only small cars I like) at least that was until I sat in one, friggin cheap feeling.

Mini > > > > > > > > >...... > > > fit

then again I'd own most anything else before I'd own a fit/yuris/versa

I think some people are missing this.

He's going for a mid level sedan. Something hp, but not screaming young. Not an sti but a wrx. Not a rl, but a TL. Something in the middle.

I say go find a used a 335xi.

thanks for all the suggestions guys.

jeff, what year IS350 are you talking?
b, that KIA does look pretty sweet, to me it looks A LOT like the new civics. still sketchy on KIA though
e, honestly i dont really like the mini's. just not a fan of the styling. and i kind of want something bigger

the more i think about it, the more i think i want something AWD. like an older WRX or EVO. i was driving the teg back to baltimore and there was some snow and it was pretty sketchy, but that could just be my tires. i dunno.

keep em coming

thanks for all the suggestions guys.
b, that KIA does look pretty sweet, to me it looks A LOT like the new civics. still sketchy on KIA though
as for teh kia.... go and look under the ass end of one some time... if you're anything like me when it comes to suspension you won't like what you see

wait a couple years and get a toyota ft-86 lol

Last edited:
not sure when they first came out but last year I was able to find a few IS350s at the 29-33K range with 30K miles on them.

Just hit up carmax and have your way with the cars.

For the money the IS is a good choice. for less money you can have the WRX if that's the direction you're going.

or you can do an IS250 with the weak sauce motor and AWD orrrrrr a C300 with AWD

C300's are REALLY nice. saw one the other day, they literally look like a $60k car.

2531598263_507573568f.jpg

kis is owned by hyundia (sister company basically)

10 year 100k power train warranty
5 year 60k everything else warranty.

own it for 5 years and ditch it. you'll be bored of it by then anyway.

kis is owned by hyundia (sister company basically)

10 year 100k power train warranty
5 year 60k everything else warranty.

own it for 5 years and ditch it. you'll be bored of it by then anyway.

It's a shame they never came out with the Kia Koup. I had a post on here awhile ago...

Kia Koup. 2.0 Turbo AWD 290hp, 289lbs of torque

trust me on this...hop into the neww ford taurus...fast reliable comfortable and in your price range...every 10,000.00 financed is roughly 200.00 monthly...check it out...

that thing is 40k. F that. its worth 26-30, tops.

Yeap, if I am spenidng $44k(the one i configured) im not buying a Ford Taurus with a Bi-Turbo engine that weighs 4600lbs when i am driving it.

While the motor trend numbers look impressive for a full size car, i would never buy one at that price....fully loaded at $30-$32k maybe...there ard much nicer cars out there in that price range....

C300's are REALLY nice. saw one the other day, they literally look like a $60k car.

2531598263_507573568f.jpg

That one has the AMG wheels, and sport package, guessing its sitting around 39K They can be had used for around 30K

Only issue I have with the C300 is it does feel a bit cheaper then the C350, people on the MB forums disagree but after linh took my C350 in for service and drove the C300 loaner all she could say is it felt really cheap and just didn't feel planted.
Maybe because it didn't have the sport wheels/brakes. I don't know.

NTStudios.com more pictures can be found here.

11.jpg

I looked at all the cars in its class and couldn't be happier. I really wish it came with a 6 speed manual (C300 has it as an option) but truth be told, the 7 speed auto is a really good tranny, it downshifts in an instant however manual upshifts are a bit slow, Manual down shift then kick it into D and its rather quick. but no IS350 or G37 quick, trans wise its better but engine wise its under powered..... HANDS DOWN the C350 is a more fun car to drive in the twisties!

The IS350 auto trans is a dog btw, nothing like putting it in manual mode and having it shift if you hold a steady RPM.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back