Help me decide on a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 door for sure. I'm not a fan of the way the 4 doors look at all. Plus with a hatch you get added space & utility. Personally I think they look best in white.

im liking 5-door too :)

now its up to white or silver, im tired of having a black car. white seems very popular, but i liked the silver one i saw today too.

silver

never looks dirty
looks awesome when it actually is clean
doenst stand out to police
always looks classy

silver FTW!!!

silver 5 door if thats what yout getting but i'd rather have an A3

Silver is also by far the easiest color to work on, I can take sand paper to a silver car and use very little effort to buff it back out. VS Red where you have to buff buff buff buff buff buff buff buff to get it back to 100%

did someone say wagon?

08_mercedes_cclass_wagon_frontangle_mfr_430.jpg

I'd rock an A3 if it was a 2 door.

Your car. Get the 5 door. It's more useful, I think it looks better too, and it's more aerodynamic. Your girlfriend will get used to it.

5 door...and silver...

my silver outback is awesome when dirty....

because the road salt and grime blends in and is un-seen....

come to think of it...I've now had the outback for 2 years...and I prolly only washed it 8 times....

Your car. Get the 5 door. It's more useful, I think it looks better too, and it's more aerodynamic. Your girlfriend will get used to it.
haha

thanks guys, the more i think about it the more i do want the silver 5-door. and it does look sweet with the gunmetal 17" rims that come standard.

now all i have to do is work out price. like i said they offered a base 4-door for 23,999. MSRP is 24,995+600 for destination&delivery. and the 5-door is a $500 option. should i try to get them to do 24,499 for a base 5-door or go even lower? what "tactics" can i use to push the price lower? i did like the salesman i dealt with at this dealership, he was personable and didnt bullshit me. if he didnt know something he flat out said i dont know. and he didnt push the sale too hard, though he tried a little which is expected lol. but i liked him and i think i want to give that dealership my business. the other places i went to were pushy or they didnt take me seriously and just kind of stood there staring at me.

what "tactics" can i use to push the price lower?

Did you read those army field manuals I told you to read?

I hope you didn't show too much interest in the car, because then they know they've got something you want. Just do a search for all of the posts I've made with "Dealership" in them.

haha

thanks guys, the more i think about it the more i do want the silver 5-door. and it does look sweet with the gunmetal 17" rims that come standard.

now all i have to do is work out price. like i said they offered a base 4-door for 23,999. MSRP is 24,995+600 for destination&delivery. and the 5-door is a $500 option. should i try to get them to do 24,499 for a base 5-door or go even lower? what "tactics" can i use to push the price lower? i did like the salesman i dealt with at this dealership, he was personable and didnt bullshit me. if he didnt know something he flat out said i dont know. and he didnt push the sale too hard, though he tried a little which is expected lol. but i liked him and i think i want to give that dealership my business. the other places i went to were pushy or they didnt take me seriously and just kind of stood there staring at me.

Just make sure you have money in hand then tell them what you want it for. no games.

Look around online to get an idea of what the going prices are cars.com autotrader.com

With doing no research I would say dont take it for anything more then 24,000 OTD if it was me doing the deal I'd aim for 22K OTD but I buy and sell a lot and can deal with managers easily. I'd go in with money in hand, talk to the sales guy and tell him, ok lets get you some money, introduce me to the manager and let me take it from there.

and that would be that.

Worst thing you can do is want the car too much, if they turn you down there will be another dealership that will say yes.

i didnt express too much interest while there, though i do like the car a lot, i didnt let it show.

but i cant exactly walk in with cash "in hand" when im financing it lol. i mean im putting some money down, but its small potatoes compared to total cost. you say you would talk to the manager and go from there but then what? go where? say what exactly? the impression ive gotten is that if i go in say "i want this price or i walk" they will let me walk. sure there is some "sweet talking" involved to push them in your direction but i dont know where to start.

Go to more dealerships and get them to fight each other. It doesn't matter how much you "like" the dealer- that's their job to get them to like you. In the end they know they have to compete to get your dollar.

The new WRX is a fucking beast.

My step bro has an 08 which isn't as good as an 09, and with exhaust and shifter, its a BLAST to drive.

Go to more dealerships and get them to fight each other. It doesn't matter how much you "like" the dealer- that's their job to get them to like you. In the end they know they have to compete to get your dollar.

Never do this, this just pisses sales guys off and makes them not want to do shit. This screams that 1. your not going to buy a car today, 2. you're wasting their time.

You dont walk in with cash, you get pre approved for x many dollars, down payment means nothing it will just off set the loan, work those #s with the bank before hand, down payment is something you wont bring up to the dealership since the loan will already be done.

Just walk in, say hey, I'm looking at getting a WRX, I already have a loan with my bank, if I can get the car for the right price I'll buy it today. If you cant make it happen, that's fine lets not waste each others time. You might have to go to 3-4 dealerships but you'll only spend 10 minutes max at each one unless you get a shitty sales guy who keeps pushing a cheaper car you dont want, at that point just walk. You need to find a dealership that has what you want and has had it sitting on the lot for 1-2-3-4 months. If used, If you pull the car fax reports you can see when it was sold, sometimes you'll see that a car has been sold 6 months before hand that's A LONG time to have a car sit and dealerships if they want to, might even move it for what they payed just to make room.

Dont be a dick, just be straight forward, I want to buy a car, I have money, lets not waste time if you can great if not, hey, we tried.

There's nothing better then being a sales guy and have a guy do a 10-20 minute car buy.

The hardest part about buying a car is researching before hand to know what price you can ask for and get away with without pissing off the manager. Again cars.com and autotrader.com look at prices within 100 miles of your area, even used prices, just get an idea of what they might be moving for then make a # you're happy to live with.

Last edited:
Never do this, this just pisses sales guys off and makes them not want to do shit. This screams that 1. your not going to buy a car today, 2. you're wasting their time.

You dont walk in with cash, you get pre approved for x many dollars, down payment means nothing it will just off set the loan, work those #s with the bank before hand, down payment is something you wont bring up to the dealership since the loan will already be done.

Just walk in, say hey, I'm looking at getting a WRX, I already have a loan with my bank, if I can get the car for the right price I'll buy it today. If you cant make it happen, that's fine lets not waste each others time. You might have to go to 3-4 dealerships but you'll only spend 10 minutes max at each one unless you get a shitty sales guy who keeps pushing a cheaper car you dont want, at that point just walk. You need to find a dealership that has what you want and has had it sitting on the lot for 1-2-3-4 months. If used, If you pull the car fax reports you can see when it was sold, sometimes you'll see that a car has been sold 6 months before hand that's A LONG time to have a car sit and dealerships if they want to, might even move it for what they payed just to make room.

Dont be a dick, just be straight forward, I want to buy a car, I have money, lets not waste time if you can great if not, hey, we tried.

There's nothing better then being a sales guy and have a guy do a 10-20 minute car buy.

The hardest part about buying a car is researching before hand to know what price you can ask for and get away with without pissing off the manager. Again cars.com and autotrader.com look at prices within 100 miles of your area, even used prices, just get an idea of what they might be moving for then make a # you're happy to live with.
Good words of advice. This is exactly how I bought my last car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back