Help Me Decide On A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
I have a 95 hatch dx. i want to do a swap and i am comparing value and future upgrades. i have the money for the swap but i would like forced induction in the future. i know i am also going to need an lsd tranny in the future. i plan on keeping this a daily driver that can kick v-8 ass. would the ITR be a waste of money if i am going forced induction or does the lsd tranny make up for it? any suggestions will help

go with the gsr

or if you plan to use it for mostly straight line performance (no autoX, no road course, no corner carving) then look into the H22

the GSR is a good choice for the money and the simplicity of the swap. it responds good to forced induction and has tons and tons of aftermarket backing which would make your job of locating parts very easy.

but if you have the cash, go with the ITR. i personally think it's a waste to turbo a type R because that motor was designed to run n/a. if you leave it n/a than i say go for it but i would never go f/i on any type of R-spec motor.

now we come to the big block of the Honda family, the H22. it's a good engine cuz it's got tons of torque and plenty of horsepower. it is a little heavier than a B-seires motor but only by about 80-100 lbs, think of that extra weight as having your girlfriend in the car with you all the time. in a daily driven/street application the weight difference won't make that big a difference. get ready to beef up that suspension for any type of corner carving. you can always turbo charge it and whoop on practiclly any street car, V8 or not. the only draw back to a H22 is that you'll have to cut a hole in your firewall to allow the shifter cables to run through. i'm still thinking about buying a 5th gen hatch and stuffing a H22 in there.

my vote goes for the H22.

i still have the question of whether or not i need lsd and if so what tranny would i put on the H22.

you definatly want an LSD
if you dont get a swap that comes with an LSD then get the Quaiffe (its the shit)

I like the h22 turbo,just wish I had the scratch,b16a2 for me but if you got the cash go displacement+bigass turbo+nos for lag.espically with the lsd....I agree quaiffe's are sweet and not too much more new

honestly i would go with a B20, the swap is relatively cheap, about $800 for the motor, then get a GSR tranny to go along with it, B20s are good for forced induction becuase of the low compression, i believe the jdm B20z has a 9:6 compression , the USDM b20 has an 8:8 compression, minus a couple of horsepower..or the always popular CRVtec but you gain some compression

Back