help me fix my type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

problem #1

okay in the last month or so my driver side window started to close really slow. then i would have to pull on the window to help it shut. now today it stopped half way and the thing wont budge. i took the door panel off and tried to push the arms but it still won't budge. does anyone know how i can shut it for now and do you think it's the motor that went bad? i have work tomorrow and i really dont think it's a good idea to leave the window half way down all day.

problem # 2

okay my second problem is that my car is overheating in traffic, at stop lights or when the car is not driving. when i'm driving the car cools down again. i checked the antifreeze level and it's fine and the hose's have pressure. do you think the radiator might be bad?

thanks for the help:D

undo the window fron the arms then push it up and put a stick under it to hold it up , and then make sure your fan is comming on to cool off the car

i checked the fans too they are coming. i think it might just be the rediator. also could you tell me how the window is connected to the arms?

there should be some bolts that put pressure on the window just undo that like you was gona take the glass out just open her up and you will see what i mean

the windows may have fallen out of the track, i just had a problem with a 00 si doing the same thing. back in the track slight adjustment and as good as new. as for the overeheating at a light, maybe the thermostat. now i had a blow headgasket on my teg and it did the same thing.

okay cool i'm gonna do that check tomorrow. I dont think it's the headgasket because the motor was rebuilt not too long ago but hey you never know.

Back