Help Me Out A Little.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

schmuck8

I have gotten a lot of mixed messages about the hybrid of a B2O BLOCK and GSR Head. Some say it fucks and I should stick with just the B20, while some say its :worthy: . If anyone out there with this experiance on this stuff or has tried it please reply to this. I need the info Thanks

I am running an LS bottom end with a B16 head. It runs great. Those people that say the engine sucks come from 1 of 3 catagories:
1. They have no real clue about the build, but they from someone that heard from their cousin who heard from this guy he met at work... that the engine geometry sucks. Ignore these people.

2. They read on the intarnet that the rod stroke ratio of the B20 is so bad that the engine will tear itself apart at 8000 RPM. These people are fools. The RS ratio of the B20 is 1.54:1 the RS ratio of the GSR and ITR engines is 1.58:1. It turns out that .04 doesn't make a big difference. These people know just enough to hurt themselves and their engines, ignore them too.

3. They tried to build one and they skimped on the build. They either skipped out on the things that you should do during a rebuild, or they just bolted a VTEC head to a stock B20 bottom end and ran it into the ground. Don't just ignore these people, run from them. Their stupidity/ignorance might be contagious. :)

Back