Help me out here.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I was having weird issues with my B16 EF about a month ago, I had a thread about it acting weird. Well it died on me one day on the expressway and I just started looking at it today. The 15amp fuse for the ECU in the under hood fuse block was blown, so I replaced it, turn the key on and it popped it right away. I tried two more times, scratched my head and thought to try my LS ECU (PR4) I put in a new fuse and it fires right up with the PR4. So I take it my PW0 is junk? Now here is my question does anyone know if its possible to have the PR4 chipped for VTEC, or if there is a place that can fix my PW0? Or maybe this is my car telling me to convert to OBDI.:D

yea sounds like the computer is done for. if your motor is obdo i would just keep it that way

Yeah but finding another PR3/PW0 that someone isnt charging an arm and a leg for isnt going to be easy. And yes the car motor and ECU are OBD0.

yeah i know what you mean the pwo are higher.maybe h motos has on for a good price

J-K Tuning

try calling this guy. he's very reputable and can prolly get you a working one. Prices are fair also.

he's local (some what anyway 2hr drive) and I went with my friend when he got his integra tuned there. The guy is great. He's very down to earth and treats everybody well, wether you just spent 20grand on your set up or just have some bolt ons. Very knowledgable espically when it comes to hondas. He said he has customers that come to see him all the way from maryland.

he's local (some what anyway 2hr drive) and I went with my friend when he got his integra tuned there. The guy is great. He's very down to earth and treats everybody well, wether you just spent 20grand on your set up or just have some bolt ons. Very knowledgable espically when it comes to hondas. He said he has customers that come to see him all the way from maryland.

2hrs from you which way? Cause Im about 2 hours west of you.

he's in the middle of pa, I'm on the eastern edge about 30 40 min from port jervis NY. I recomend him the drive will be way worth it if you need a tune. Call him up see if he can get you that ecu

You could probably call up www.hmotorsonline.com and get them to part with an ecu for a reasonable price. Everyone knows they have a good reputation. Just another idea if the other guy doesnt have anything for you.

I know everyone is telling you to change your ecu, but I went thru the same thing 2 weeks ago. For me, its was that when I did my harness, I extended my o2 sensor wiring just a lil too long, and the wiring was rubbing on my intermiediate shaft and grounded out blowing my ecu fuse, maybe you should check your wiring before replacing the ecu.

Its not that. I have two extra ECUs that I ried to see if they work, (PR4 from an LS, and a PM6 Si) And the car fires right up with both of them, if I put the PW0 in as soon as I turn the key "on" it will imeditly pop the 15 amp ECU fuse. Trust me its a bad ECU.

Back