Help me out, I need some opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, so now that the hatch is sold. $1400 + the 1500 my grandmother owes me. I have some doe to spend.

Time for me to turbo the red hatch. Sure it not exactly running cause my sister jacked my ECU but when I get my new one it will. :)

Ok so far, well as of yesterday I bought:

-T3, oil and watercooled (from a saab, what was the stock psi the internal wastegate put out?)

-Nice log style mani (my sister jacked my other one too, so this one does not have a wastegate flange, and I have to use the stock internal gate)

-Some 28"x6"3" Intercooler
-DSM 450 injectors (pending, but if it falls through, what about the 380/390s
sufficient for 250 hp?, or should I just get the 450's)

-I got an autometer boost guage, and some cheap ass A/F meter

-I think I still have my greddy BOV downstairs, but I went and bought a decent HKS one and he threw in a cheap one too (can't beat it, it was only 70 bucks)

-I'll make my charge pipes and DP, I know some places I can go to do it fairly cheap.

-I needed a new cat, so I bought a test pipe thing

-I have an obd1 Pr4 and and OBD1 P75, not sure which one I'm going to chip for uberdata, someone point me in the direction I need to go for the crap....All the parts I need to use it, I'm going to try this myself.

Ok, so I read up a little on uberdata. I'm REAL confused. There is no way I could do that by myself. Sure I can put the chip in and everything, but the actual programming of the chip, datalogging....all this is like trying to walk for a 1 week old baby. I have no clue how to do it I don't have the knowledge and I haven't found anywhere that give you a COMPLETE step by step procedure for EVERYTHING you need to do.

I think I'm going to use the AFC hack again, which is against what I wanted to do but am going to have to resort to because I really know nothing on this portion of the project and can't seem to find sufficient info on it. I don't have time to continue to search and search looking for every step I need to do. So for now it looks like I'm going to use the AFC hack and later down the road see if I can find a shop or something that could do uberdata or something like it for me.

Dude, just take it to someone else. Chances are there's someone around your area who knows how to tune Uberdata. Or ustspend the coin and go Hondata. :)

Hondata is not gonna happen, sure I have the extra cash but I'm really not going to be making enough power to actually need it. If anything uberdata will be sufficient enough, if I ever could figure out how to do it.

I hate bringing my car anywhere and would rather take the loss until I need it done. I mean I could attempt to research some more but I'm only going to go as far as until all my parts finally come, then I make my desicion.

PGMFI.org is a great source...if you already have some type of computer knowledge, they don't tell you what to do, if I ask I'm positive they'll say search or bring it to someone, I can't learn that way, especially when the info really isn't there (at least not EVERYTHING I need to know). The only thing I can do is put the shit together, I can't program it.

Binary, Datalogging, BINs, all this other shit is a foriegn geeky nerd language to me, it makes no sense because I've never done it before. I don't want to have to have someone do it for me, I'd rather them teach me. A shop will not do this for me. I have no problem buying the shit I need but how am I supposed to learn it, people just don't have the time or motivation to sit down and teach someone exactly what they have to do.

I have never used Uberdata before either :). I am going to give it a try in the spring. Don't be afraid of it, just start rich and go from there. I like the fact that you don't have to hide boost from the ecu, and its free. Burning chips is easy and if you don't want to there are a great guy on HS who does it.

I might go LSV-T in the future, theres a good chance I might.

I have no problem with the actual burning of the chips where the progam is imported into the chip.

I'm gonna dl the program and see if its extremely difficult to use. I mean I never tuned a vehicle beside with a safc and my friend told me how to do most of it.

yea, it seems pretty easy to use. I can at least get the shit started and running good enough to bring it to get tuned.

Back