1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me please i'm new at this stuff

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 97civic, Jun 6, 2004.

1. 97civic

97civic Member

so.... i was thinking of getting a b16a manual into my 97 civic hx auto but well its a obd1 to obd2 NOW i have searched this and did not get the info that i was looking for so there that is so no one yells at me now to the ? I was wondering when converting the two is there like this harness that i buy made just for this swap or do i have to hack and cut the the harness to make it work or am i mistaken in that it will work with out all the cutting or what i'm just confused i know hondas but i'm no master swapper by far i just want a b16a in my car but i do not want to have to pay some dude 3000 to do it plus i would like the experience of doing it myself any help anyone has would be great thanks alot

p.s. i'm considering all this cause i was just in a accident and the front end got mangled so it was either toss the car or try to resurect (spell?) i chose the ladder and i'm trying to throw my hard earned money in to my little car

also on the last note does anyone know a good place to get a quality carbon fiber invader style hood for a good price?? i bow to all for help :worthy:

2. sleepercivic

sleepercivic Senior Member

dude just get an obd2 B16, and save your self a lot of trouble.

3. 97civic

97civic Member

where do i find this mysterious obd2 b16a evryone i looked at was all obd1 please this could help me alot obviously would hmotorsonline have one cause i looked at totaljdm.com and they had obd1 b16a's but no obd2

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Just email them. I am sure they have b16a2 motors, they came outof 1996 and newer cars. The 99-2001 civic si's had them, look around the junkyards too. MaaseyRacer has a b16a2 block as well, not sure if he is looking to get rid of it, but, maybe he will let it go.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Nothing to mysterious about the OBD II B16As.
    96-97 Sol
    96-00 EK4
    Both of these had them, and there was no shortage in other countries. But the fact is the 92-95s are probably more in demand, so you might have to actually email a couple places.

6. 97civic

97civic Member

thanks alot for all the help with the swap question by the way did anyone know of a quality place to get a cf invader hood for like 550 or less?????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted