Help Me Please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I have a 90 Crx and I'm trying to decide if I should stroke out the motor to make it go from a 1.6 to either a 1.8/2.0 or if I should just go to a LS block. Any info would be great.

If you have a B series motor in there and you want more displacement, I would always go with either swapping out bottomends or resleeving, I would never stroke a motor.

If you have a B16 and want a 1.8 then i would go with a GSR/R bottomend, if you want to go to almos a 2.0 then i would do an LS bottomend and resleeve it with 84.5mm what ever pistons.

Stroking the motor will cost more than resleeving and pistons with all the work put together. Plus after you resleeve you have a much stronger bottomend that can take more rpms/psi.

Milan

When you say bottom end are you talking pistons,rods and crankshaft or do you mean the entire block

save the money and time of resleeving or stroking it. I would just kik in a B20. either B16/B20 build up, or B20 turbo. taking out the whole motor and apart is time consuming. swap in the b20 after application buildup and save yourself a couple of bucks and more time with your girlfiend (she's gonna be pissed if you stand her off). from most B20 i see out there is around 800-1200 bucks. resleeving and stroking would cost you product and labor cost which will probably be more.

My local shop said $2,400 for the stroking so your right it would be alot cheaper.(My wife will love if I can save money) What all does the after app. B20 include?

So you think it's good to run STOCK B20 sleeves up to 9k, assuming you want an all motor ride, Listen don't waste your time buying a damn B20 block if you plan on resleeving it which you will want to in a lot of applications. Buy a damn LS bottom for like 300 and get it resleeved to 84.5mm for 700 and bang you have a 2.0 block with sleeves instead of a damn B20 block with no sleeves.

Please tell us what you plan on doing in the long run with your ride, turbo, spray, all motor?????? and how much money

Milan

I'm running a 75-shot of NOS already. My plans are to make it run low 12's in a daily driven Honda CRX. I think if I change the block and do the top end as in cams,retainers,valves and springs I should be close.

Any suggestions?

Forgot to mention that I'm running a JDM B16a with cai, exhaust, header, cam gears, 70mm throttle body, STR intake manifold, fuel rail, 75-shot dry ZEX nos system, ACT stage 4 clutch, short shifter and custom cat. converter from a 5.0 mustang. Has me running in the mid to high 13's.

Let me correct myself up top with the sleeves, you get upgraded sleeves for a little bit more than if you bought an oem b20 block. Well i know if you built a 2.0 properly like i mentioned then you can hit 12's without spray, shit i know you can hit 11's with a 1.8 block with 80shot on slicks and open header for sure, but the block was upgraded, not stock like how other people like to do it :rolleyes:

Milan

Back