Help Me Plz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

modifiedcivic

i am planning or buying a honda and i want to put a h22 engine with no turbo. i need to know which civic or if a crx or what car will this engine go in?? h22 is 200 hp?? correct? how hard is this to do???

all the info you can give me the better!!!

here is the engine i am planning on buying.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...&category=40931
i want to put it in a civic hatch back of some sorta or a crw some small honda. I don't have the car or the engine. the car i will buy will be pretty much just a shell with new engine or tranny so i will pay around 500$ but i need to know what the engine will go in. what car what model ect.

so what years or the crx or civic will this engine go in??

example 87-91??

Well if you must get a H22 then I would go with the Type S from japan, it has 220hp oem. I would also go with a 92-95 civic and you are going to need a mount kit for it from HAsport or place racing. You can't use AC either and if you want to put it into a CRX, then there is going to be a lot fo welding and cutting to get it in there.

Milan

and I hope this car is for drag racing and not autocross. because there is like half of the engine sticking over the axle it will have an inherent understeer :angry:

Originally posted by h82w8@Jun 15 2003, 05:55 AM
and I hope this car is for drag racing and not autocross. because there is like half of the engine sticking over the axle it will have an inherent understeer :angry:

don't let this type of hype pull you away from your project.

the people that don't have the H22 swap will tell you that's handles like shit but the people who actually have the swap will tell you it's not that bad unless you think you're freakin michael andretti and try to carve corners going way faster than you should.

i had a 97 civic dx with a h22 tye s into. i have to tell you the motor is badass for going straight and blasting by people. i only had 2 problems with it. i kept twisting axles and they kept popping the cv joints and the other problem is bad traction when i dragged it, i got a lot of wheel hop to where the windshield wiper would go on from the hopping.
If your a auto crosser i would not recommend this swap. if you like blasting by people especially v8's in a straight line go for it.
ooh 2 more cents for yah....don't do like me and make sure you grade your brakes for sure. get gsr's or at least 4 wheel disks. stopping is such a mother f%cker that my friend who bought the car from me rear ended a guy he was racing. all my hard work and the car was totalled out.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Jun 15 2003, 11:44 AM-->
@Jun 15 2003, 05:55 AM

don't let this type of hype pull you away from your project.

the people that don't have the H22 swap will tell you that's handles like shit but the people who actually have the swap will tell you it's not that bad unless you think you're freakin michael andretti and try to carve corners going way faster than you should.

and what do you think autocross is??????
its bringing the car to its handling limits
the limits are the same that you would see on a road course but you reach them at 40-60mph instead of 80-120mph
the handling of a civic with an H22 in it is fine for normal driving.... but as soon as you try to autocross with it or anything else that will push the car to its handling limits you will see how much lower the limits are

Back