Help Me setup my suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
How much of a difference would i feel from installing a good set of struts - also, i dont think my rims are too heavy for racin because they are only 16's and are aluminum, but what do you think?

i think the wheels look heavy... but its the last of your problems at this point.

exactly what kind of "racin" do you want to do?

if you say street, go somewhere else.

Sorry to Piss you off - i want good traction for when i take my car to the track.

Wheel weight doesn't matter that much for traction, as there is a whole engine on top weighing them down. What does matter is a wider tire (205 or >) and a sticky tire.

APEX N1, or TEIN fully adjustable to let you "tweak" your launching.
Also has alot to do with tire width, and air pressure in your tires

Should i have less pressure in my front tires than in my back tires?

if you spin on launch, air down
keep rears at near max inflation for less friction
i usually air down to 13 lbs up front, works pretty well

im not saying drive around like that all the time, but while dragging, airing down has been proved to give you better traction. there really is no method as to cutting the pressure in half or anything, you have to try it out and see what works best for you. i said 13psi up front works for ME, but outdoor temperature is also a factor and can alter how much or little you air down. just play with it untill you get it so you dont spin, while leaving hard :burnout:

No, he's talking about when you get so low on the air pressure that your tread starts to "cup", or start to lift in the center. Every tire is different- if you have a stiffer tread, then you can air down more without screwing up your contact patch as much.

honestly, i would go with the hayame's. SPW carries them, they are a true one piece coilover/damper system like the teins and apex'i N1 but are far cheaper. they are all billet alum. and the shock is adjhustable as well as ride hieght. i originally got them for my 95 accord coupe, now i have a 94 civic hatch and got them again. i swear by them, for the money its such a good deal. i can get them for $580. possibly better if a few ppl get together to do a lil group buy action

Back