1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME! wiring for VTEC

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by blink1_8_2dude, Jul 15, 2003.

1. blink1_8_2dude

blink1_8_2dude Senior Member

ok i just got my b18c in and mounted woohooooooo!!!!!!!! any way ive got everything wired except what needs to be wired for VTEC becuase i simply dont know how to do it, can someone please tell me exactly what wires i need to find and exactly how to do it.

My car is a 95 integra my new mtor is an OBD-1 b18c my old motor was an OBD-1 b18b.

THANKS

2. blundar

blundar Senior Member

it's going to depend on which ECU you are using to run the motor.
    Assuming you have a JDM/USDM P30 or P72, you will need to add wires for:

-Vtec solenoid
    -Vtec pressure switch
    -knock sensor

If your motor has the wack ass secondary butterflies in the inatke manifold, you will need to add a wire for the IABs (Butterflies) and make sure you have a P72 ECU.

If you are using a chipped P28 to run the car, you can omit the KS wire. P28s do not look for a knock sensor.

You can look up which pins on the ECU these are by using the wonderful "ECU pinout guide" on the main page.

3. blink1_8_2dude

blink1_8_2dude Senior Member

does the vtec pressure switch have 2 wires coming out of a green socket on it?????????

4. blundar

blundar Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted