help me with my 95 civic dx sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

im 16 so im new to the whole honda thing so bare with me
im trying to make it fast it has a d15 in it i belive right now all it has is a short ram intake and im putting this muffler on that i got off ebay for 25 bucks im wanting to make this car fast enough to beat my firends mustang with a 3.8 in it i think but if you can list the stuff i should put in my car that would be great

Motor swap = LS with turbo, b16, or k20.
Rid of the muffler and do a header>high flow cat> then cat back
if its automatic...switch to a manual
That should get you started...lets us know when you're done :D :D

A short ram intake and a $25 muffler from E-Bay on a D15 isn't going to get you anywhere. What's your budget here? Tell us how much you can spend and we'll tell you what you can reasonably do...

im not really on a budget im just now getting a job and all i have to do is pay my $160 insurance cost i just need a list of stuff i should do and what you think it should cost

If you're going to be this vague about it, then we really can't help you. You need to give us a goal or a budget or a plan of some kind.

Examples would be:

"I want to make X amount of power"

"I want to run a quarter mile in X seconds"

"I want to swap my engine/keep the same engine/install turbo/etc."

"I want to spend $5,000 total on this project."

No one's going to help you if all you're going to give us is "Give me a list of parts to make my car go fast please!"...

im looking to be able to beat a 95 mustang with a 3.8 in it and i was wondering should i keep my d15 or should i swap for a b16

Beat it how? Beat it off the line from a stop light? Beat it in a quarter mile? I really don't know how "fast" a V6 95 Mustang is, so once again, I really can't answer your question. You didn't tell us if his car is stock or modified either. This is why I said to be more specific (i.e. how much power, how fast in the quarter mile, etc.).

There are plenty of ways to go about this. You could swap your engine out or put a turbo on it. The turbo setup would probably end up being quicker, but you're going to have to sink some money into it to make it somewhat reliable.

Which brings me back to my original question: what's your budget. Can you afford to drop 2-3 grand into a motor swap or turbo kit? Because that's about what it's going to take...

Her car is stock and makes around 150 160 horsepower I think she said and yes off the line an meither of us have ever ran a quarter mile but i'm wanting to know that if I do a mini me and build that up fully what are the internals needed to fully build a d15

Wow, I just looked up some info on those Mustangs and they are slow as shit! I found two sources that said 17.3 for a quarter mile, and on the same page listed 17 seconds for quarter mile for an EX Civic sedan from 92-95. Honestly, you might be able to beat her as is. If not, then just the Mini Me swap and intake/header/exhaust would probably do it. I wouldn't even mess with internals...

haha awsome and yeah she said her gears are super long but uhh in the near future i wanna fully build to be able to race other cars so what are all the internals needed to fully build

It depends on whether you want to go turbo or not. If you want to go turbo, then you build the engine differently then you would if you want to stay non-turbo...

Back