Help Me with My Combo Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ctracer

I have and 1987 Honda Civic 4 door that I am using for a Mini-Stock that I race at local asphalt circle track. Here is my problem. I have the stock D15A2 1.5L carbed motor that has the short block rebuilt but it has a 2 valve head on it and lacks power. I have a D16A1 DOHC head that is in perfect shape that I would like to put on it but the intake manifold does not line up. What would be the cheapest way to get that combo to work. Do I need to convert to fuel injection or is there a carbed manifold that I could use on that head. That would be my first choice...carb on the D16A1 head. If I need to convert to fuel injection what exactly do I need to convert over. Please help!!!

the only thing I could think of quickly was why not fill the hole in the intake manifold for you carbed motor and then redrill it to line up with the bolt pattern on your 2 valve motor? i dunno if it would work, but i've seen it done with type R heads on gsr motors since type r intake manifolds have different bolt patterns than gsr heads :shrug2:

or you could cut the flange off of the d16 manifold and weld it onto the d15 manifold, do the intake runners match? If they do, just swap the flanges.

Yeah the runners line up pretty much. There is no way to re-drill holes it is just to far apart. I guess i could swap flanges that would not be the first thing I wuld want to try but that is a good idea.

So is there such thing as putting a carb on a D16A1 motor. Anyway possible. What intake manifold would it take. Could you put a sidedraft on a fuel injected intake.

I don't think you could, unless the carb was able to hook upp where the throttle body attaches to the plenum. D16a1, that is dpfi, right, not multiport? You'd have to find a way to make the carb fit, and plug the fuel injector holes shut. Maybe you could adapt the carb to fit, and use the injector ports as nitrous ports. :D

Are you planing on swaping the dohc d16a1 head on to your sohc d15 block? As far as I know that head swap won't work. I belive it's something to do with the oil passages not lining up at all making that swap not possable. You might want to think about that before worring if you can get a carb intake manifold for the head.

I didn't look really hard but the head gasket off the old head matched the new one. I better look a little closer aI guess.

Back