HELP ME WITH SENIOR PAPER

What cars are safer?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok well, I found out I need 10 bibliography cards by this friday and I have none lol. So I figured I would make a poll for one of them! My basis is this. I think Import automobiles are safer becuase they spend more time and money to make sure things are right before realeasing them, whereas Domestic manufactures, try to go a more cost-efficent route... Please put why you think (domestic or Import) cars are safer. thanks for the help guys!

hmm, i think you've got the wrong approach...

why not do a $$$ vs budget cars safety or something

i mean volvo is an "import" and they have some of the safest cars...
but then there's the chinese cars, which i don't think are even allowed in this country because they got all zeros on the safety tests...
i just saw a video of one of the tests, the car hit an object going 55 mph on the front drivers corner and the whole front of the car was pretty much in the drivers seat

i dunno about the safey standards for cars like kia or hyundai...
and you need to also realize that imports include kia, hyundai, suzuki, bmw, mercedes, volvo, porsche and even ferrari or lambo...

whats your project description, or instructions for this paper?

your theory would work better on the topic of longevity because asian manufacturers are know for their internal exactness ie: rod and main bearings, compared to US auto makers...

also on this site there is no doubt that you will get a skewed result since we really enjoy hondas here. it would be better to do a poll on a non biased site

Please do not ask members of this forum to do homework for you, write papers for you, or do anything for you that otherwise gets you out of schoolwork that you should be doing yourself. If you really must cheat, Google up a cheaters' web site. Just don't let us know about it.

Have a nice day
HondaSwap Staff

:locked:

Imports are specially modified to make US safety requirements, US cars are never lightened for foreign markets..

So if you're talking about imports in the US, then they both have requirements to pass. Overall, I think that US cars are built heavier, larger and are more capable of taking damage.

And no one can build a truck like the US does.

And no one can build a truck like the US does.

god damn do i hate to agree with you but you said it well...

but i still went with an import 4x4 cause i like to drive it more than i work on it :)

For Toyota's and Nissan's best efforts, a used Ford or GM truck is still a better truck.

Touring truck? No. But for hauling loads, yes. I'd take an F150 over a loaded Titan.

For safety, it's all about the body here. Everyone has airbags and antilock, but the bodies of the US trucks and cars are simply stronger. Not even a japanese engineer will argue this. A German.. maybe but they are never in-the-right :)

Other countries design around fuel needs. America has cheap ass fuels (Except for Russia, and no truck can TOUCH a Russian truck for safety or hauling). Because of that, import trucks are lighter and ergo - Made of less materials and thinner steels.

For cars, the same applies - only a Japanese car sold in the US will be so overloaded with safety gear, that the overal safety cage weight savings have been negated.

Now, there are newer designs out there that blow the whole curve. The Mercedes Smart, for instance, is TINY and yet is stronger than a 1985 Cadillac Deville. It's all about the ingenuity here.

Back