1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP me!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by THiroshima83, Oct 4, 2002.

1. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

I just picked up my b16a1 engine from jdmhondaparts.com and the engine that they gave me, well i know there used and all, but like it had aftermarket sparkwires and plugs and stuff. and the front clip of the car was outside and the car had this werid shattered glass decal off the hood. DO you guys think i got some shit ass b16a1 that is already raced out. Fuck i dunno what do you guys think. The shop that was going to do the swap felt the oil inside and said that the oil seemed ok and couldn't noticed any burnt smell inside the engine. But he cna't tell if its jacked up or not cause he's not gonna take the engine apart for me. What do you guys think? Bad B16a1 and i just wasted my fucken money? :blink:

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

have the engine tested before you put it in
    http://www.hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=34
    theres a "how to" on compression and leakdown testing ... that will give you an ok idea on the condition of the engine

3. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

any other memebers want to put there imput and waht they think

4. LSvinny

LSvinny Junior Member

we all know what though jdm motors are all about thay don`t take care of them over there and they beat the shit out of them if you have extra cash I`d go though it

5. stpracer

stpracer Senior Member

Go through the engine - rings and bearings are cheap when the engine is out of the car. They're easy to do yourself and will pay off in the long run.

6. TrueStifmeister

TrueStifmeister Junior Member

Its always fun to run the shit outta your can for a year in japan because they are gaurenteed a new engine every 30000 miles. Bastards <_<

7. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

So you think my fucken B16 is bad. SHit i dont' have money to go through the pistons and rings. Those fuckers. i spent a gang of moeny. NOw i'm all paranoid about those fucken red spark wires. Shit... But isn't it hard as fuck to blow the engine and ship it over? Do you guys really think my engine isn't relable then?

8. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

The thing is the place that is doing it said to replace the pistons and rings labor on its own will be 450 bukcs... so shit..

9. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

Is there any other way of noticing when my engine is bad? like any signs of sounds. I mean what could be usu what is wrong wtih the engine. CUase what i am hearing is that the b16a's are really sturdy. I never hear that there like blowing in like 2 months or soemthing. ya know. So what do you guys think?

10. E_SolSi

holy shit ... just fire the engine in and try it out ... so it had sparkplug wires ... thats not a big deal .... if it was all wired up for N2O id be a bit worried but its JUST wires that doesnt mean the car has been beat to hell just that someone for whatever reason decided the stock wires needed replacing .... calm yourself ... may i suggest decaff for a little while :)

11. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Damn, and here I was thinking that they BOUGHT new engines/cars every 30k or so miles because the cost of ownership became too high. :unsure:

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

shoulda read our article on jdm vs usdm motors.

:/

I would never buy one

13. slohnda

slohnda Senior Member

i think you're a little misinformed.

http://www.hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=41

that should give you a better understanding!

14. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

fucken shit guys.. you guys make me feel like shit now... that i wasted my fucken money. Great so you guys don't suggest i take it on a damn 400 mile trip. damn it. i guess i got ripped off. and no i love caffenine. just that my dad is gonna have my ass if something happens to the engine. :blink:

15. E_SolSi

have you even put the engine in yet ? tested it? started it? driven with it? .... why are you so ready to call it a total loss????

16. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

cause everyone is like telling me bad things about it. but no it will be done on friday. any signs i should look or hear for?

17. E_SolSi

fuck what everyone says... its their oppinion ... do you listen to all the people that tell you hondas suck??? ... how many of the people that are telling you JDM engines are shit actually have one or have had one??? dont take oppinions so much to heart

18. THiroshima83

THiroshima83 Member

19. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

this post=the one right above it
    why?

20. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

I bought a JDM B16 for parts to use in my LSVTEC, the only thing that was wrong with it when I got it was the knock sensor was hosed. Other than that the motor was in great shape.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted