HELP ME!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

I'm sure this has been covered before, so anyone who might have experienced the same problem and has any feedback would be appreciated.

I've got a b16 swap in my 93 EX coupe and recently after driving the car and putting it park before turning off the idle will jump up and down. I thought the IAC valve might be clogged so I took it off and cleaned it but that didn't solve the problem. Any Ideas???

your iac has gone bad..or try turning down your idle on ur iac sensor...

its not your iacv...that'll make it idle really high, or not idle at all...if it idles erratically it's your TPS.

jump your ecu, and read your CEL. if it shows a code 14, it's your iacv. id be willing to bet that it's not, thogh.

If you want to check your iac and fast idle thermo valve easily, take your intake off of your throttle body and start the car. There is two holes before the throttle plate. The top one goes to the iacv to let air bypass the plate so the car will idle. The bottom one goes to the fast idle valve, which lets your car idle higher when it is cold to let the engine warm up faster. Cover each one at a time and listen to see if anything changes. If you cover one and the car idles fine, then that is your problem. NOTE: Let the car warm up first before doing this. Also, if you completely cover the iacv hole, the car will probobly die, so just cover it partway.

Also, about the TPS sensor, was yours broken on the b16 when you got it? If you used the TPS from the EX engine, it may have to be adjusted.

Back