Help me!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ieexhale

Completely new to the game, might as well just be called noob for a while, but I just picked up my first Integra it's a 91 hatch, it's the base model, I believe it has a b18a1 in it, non v tech, and I want to know what I can do to the thing for only about 600 to maybe a 1000 bucks to speed her up a bit , I read a few posts and forums but might as well be in another language. Is it okay for me to put a v tech head on my stock block? If so what kind?? What other parts would I have to get with it to make it work right?

do the basic bolt on stuff first... intake, header, exhaust. if you want to put a vtec head on it, its not too difficult. just search for how to build a LS/vtec on the web, it has been done a million times. im betting your motor has a lot of miles, so you may want to freshen it up while you have the head off. new rings, and new rod bolts (they are a weak point in the LS bottom end).

honestly, being a noob like you, you are probly best off to just do basic bolt ons, upgrade the suspension and have fun with it for while. do some research before you buy anything.

i agree with ^ bolt ons would be easiest to begin with. and doing a ls vtec properly would be kind of hard with a 1000 dollar limit. im sure its possible but for good parts you have to pay.

Are bolt ins like headers and intake gunna give me a little more umpth? I mean I have a whole other car to part out soo I can get some things, and another comete ls long lock to work with. Ohh and I have a question if I was gunna do a b16 head on my motor do you really need to get a whole different tranny?? I can't just use the one I already have

you can use the tranny you have. if u were to go b16 head. but bolt ons will help a little. if you put a b16 trans on the ls motor it would improve a pretty good bit on get up. but bad thing is high rps on interstate. but i like the set up i have. b16 trans. ls motor blox intake dc sports 4 to 1 header and full exhaust 2.14

Let's just say I wanted to get a basic turbo kit for my as is engine? Is it gunna be bad for my motor be wise I don't have the low compression stuff on my block, and no vtech? Sorry for all the dumb questions I'm just trying to get into this and don't really have any knowledge to work with

ok you can turbo your motor but i would not go no higher then 8ibs on a cheap ebay kit. probably most the motor could handle and key is a good tune. vtec makes on difference on turboing it. just depends on the build and parts. if your really just starting on learning all of it i would do extensive research to c what you really are trying to get at.

Okay I see I see, and if I was gunna go with more then 8 pounds of boost... I would need to rebuild my
Block with better rings, pistons , better head studs, vtech conversion kit and everything to build the block?

Ohhhh and what about those cheap electric superchargers they have on eBay? Those actually help a bit? Or does a nice intake do the same thing

You don't have to have a vtec head to go turbo. Just can be better. And it all depends on the miles on you motor. If high millage I wouldn't turbo without a build . I honestly dont know nothing about cheap superchargers.

i couldnt disagree with this whole thread more.

you just bought an old integra with probably around 200k on the block if not more.

you wanna know the best way to give it a little more pep?

take that 600 to 1000 bucks and do a complete refresh of the motor.
take it apart and clean the 20 years worth of sludge out and replace all the wear items (piston rings, bearings, valves and seals, oil pump, water pump, etc)
you should have enough left (if you are doing the work yourself) to get a master kit from energy suspension and make the body nice and stiff again.

i guarantee that would make a huge difference in power and overall experience of the car.

then, later on down the road, if you decide to turbo it, you have a block that is ready and able to reliably handle that extra power.

Back