Help Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FuTuRe SlEePeR

just gettin started
ok i just bought a 91 CRX Si...the motor has been downsized to a d15b2 and i am in the process of a swap but i dnt know where to start...i am looking for the best power_wieght ratio...what motor should i go with?

Na really...im lookin into a b18c1 and id like sum feedback to get an idea if i should go that size...also i was wondering about a b20 block with a b16 head? does anybody know anything about that?

Na really...im lookin into a b18c1 and id like sum feedback to get an idea if i should go that size...also i was wondering about a b20 block with a b16 head? does anybody know anything about that?
f you going to do a b20/vtec, go ahead save your money and get the b18c, its WAY less of a headache trying to make thatb20 bottom work the correct way with the vtec head, why not just get the b20 motors, build it for boost ? and eat vtec motors all day ? i have a b18c and im building it for boost, but all teh details are secret, but ill tell you, you dont have to get the block sleeved or really do anything if your not looking for more then say about 300hp, after that your gonna be pushing it, and you will need lower comp pistons, rods, yadda yada and so one.

but straight out the box a b18c would yield better performance, and in the long run, but if money is tight, just build a b20 or b18(LSmotor)

well rite now im lookin to spend bout 5K and i think im goin with the b18c1 but i aint doin any of that turbo shit! naturally aspirated all da way! would i b further ahead to build the c1?

well rite now im lookin to spend bout 5K and i think im goin with the b18c1 but i aint doin any of that turbo shit! naturally aspirated all da way! would i b further ahead to build the c1?
LOL have fun getting alot out of an all motor (B)anything, ya you could build an allmotor B but your gonna spend a pretty penny, OR you could not spend so much and build it for boost, but to each his own

ya i know..im just tired of these fuckin guys and their turbos! i want all motor........wat the hell can i do with less than 5K?

you could do a poor mans type r. have a couple of friends who did that and they are pretty quick with just intake, header, and exhaust. all and all they seem to be happy with it, and if you do decide to boost it can handle it well, one guy has 15 psi goin into his and its pretty quick.

You will never be faster than a turbo'd car, all motor. Deal with it.

he has a point, the fastest all motor honda in my state has a fully built gsr: bored, stroked, ported polished head, cams, etc. and hes only pushing about three. while the guy with the boosted poormans type r has less $ in his and hes faster.

A poor mans type r is good. A friend of mine did this. He had this in a 92 civc hatch. He used oem type r cams and pistons. All motor with no gas he ran a 14.1. In reality it was stock. To let you know that wasn't his best time, he spinned throw 3rd gear. Now he has a H2b in it. Boy it's nasty. H22 with the itr tranny.

well its a crx si, so im guessing pretty light, i have a b16 i with intake header exaust in my hatch and im happy with it, though i do plan on boosting. if you have 5k to play with build a b18 anything. you have the choices of poormans type r, ls/vtec, or just spend 5k on an actual type r.

a 91 crx si has a stock curb weight of 2174lbs. so as long as he stays away from a heavy ass h22 then he should be alright. a bseries would be his best way to go, h is too heavy, k is too expensive, d just sucks.
go with your idea and build the b18c1. but in all reality if your gonna replace all of the internals just buy a bare block then:
bore it
stroker kit- that covers your pistons, crank and rods
new camshafts- lifter springs and all of the good shit that goes with them
and most importantly you have to upgrade your fuel system
get a 255lph fuel pump and whatever size injectors you feel you need.
and hondata wouldnt be a bad idea

and while your doin a swap dont stick with obd0.

sound like it would equal out to good power/wieght ratio blanco?

well, he has 5k. what would you say to do? you havnt pitched out anything yet. its a 2000lb car. with an all motor setup a fully built b18 is the best power for the wieght, if hes goin n/a then id have to say thats one of his best bets.
all youve said so far is that he wont be faster than a turbo'd car (obvious) and that we need to define the best power to wieght ratio.
stock si engine has a p/w ratio of .06
build a b18 and get say around 250hp then it goes to .11
doesnt sound like much in number form but thats a significant gain.

actually the production car with the best p/w ratio is the koenigsegg ccr. and obviously i dont think hes gonna define anything, he hasnt posted on this forum in a while.

enzo has .23 thee koenigsegg has .30 - i dont think its better, it is.

and .11 isnt bad considering that reaching either of the above is gonna take more than 5k to get in a honda,

in a 2100lb car youd have to have 650hp to reach .30
And i dont think anybodys gonna get that with a n/a setup.

so dont get your panties in a wad bc you took offense to my saying that the d series sucks.

Back