help! missing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fook

So today I ventured into the wild world of Simple Green and Engine Bay Cleaning.

Apparently, I didnt get the distributor covered well enough, so now there is an issue with moisture and its barely running and missing badly.

So far I pulled the cap off, dried it out, and dried out all the contacts where the plug wires meet the distributor, one by one so I am sure the firing order is ok.

Should I be drying something else out? I figured I probably need to pull the rotor off and clean that out and stuff but it seems to want to stay where its at. Help me out here please.

See if any water went into the chamber where the plugs are, if so dry that out also. It may be a good idea to get a new cap and rotor and possibly wires. It should have been able to handle some water unless you were pressure spraying it or something.

moisture in the spark plug tubes was the problem...also someone thought they'd be funny when i wasnt lookin and switched a couple plug wires.

Back