Help!! my car died!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APEXi

hey guys, so i go outside to pull my car in for the night... turn the key to start it and it wont start.. so i turn the key off and on again and it starts up... i leave it running for around 3 mins while i sort some s**t out in my car... put it into first gear to pull into my drive and it dies! so i turn the key of and on and it still wont start... i did this for around 5 mins tryin to get it to start but no such luck..in the end i push it in my drive way and leave it for awhile while i calm down...about an hour later i go bk out there and pop the hood and have a look, i check all the plugs and vacume lines and there all correct and pluged in nicely....but then i notice there is a kink in 1 of the vacum lines.. the line that goes from the intake pipe to the vlave cover...i fiddle with it for awhile tryin to get it as straigh as possible.. then i try a start my car... the car starts up first time and runs nicely...

im wondering if that vacume line that goes from the intake pipe to the vlave cover becomes kinked or restricting air flow in anyway, could this cause the car to die and not to start???

info about the car.... eg hatch with a b18c motor. motor is praticly stock, jus exhaust and intake thats all

any help would be greatly appreaciated.. i need to get this sorted by saturday, im takeing my car in for a tune up

crap, how do i go about cureing my car? i got to travel to get my car tuned on saturday, i dont want my car dieing out on my while driving

I would like to know this also, my car does the same thing sometimes...

that vacuum line that goes from intake to VC does nothing just gets excess gases out...umm as for your problem..does it sound like the starter is trying to kick? or is the sound just dead to were when you turn the key nothing happens..Could be bad starter..or ignition..

Damn, I don't want to thread jack, but if his is doing the same as mine, I cranks and cranks but just won't start. Sometimes it'll start and dies soon after. I hope this is what his is doing too, cuzz I really don't mean to thread jack.

integraslut78 - at the minute im running a jdm p72 yes

CiViC_SOHC - it sounds like it wants to start yea, but it jus dusn't, but then if i come back to it later it will start up fine

scottp11 - lol its ok dude, u jus want answers like me, has ur car ever died out on u? if so has it ever died out while driving?

***UPDATE***

Been out there 2day to look at my car, turned the key to start it and nothing... it wont start, so i turn the key off and on again and try again and it starts rite up.... i continue to turn the engine on and off to see if it wont start again but that dusn't happen, it starts up everytime and everything seems normal. wtf could be the problem??? it only seems to not wanna start the first time i turn the key.

Originally posted by APEXi@Sep 23 2005, 04:12 AM

scottp11 - lol its ok dude, u jus want answers like me, has ur car ever died out on u? if so has it ever died out while driving?
[post=559100]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man. It's never done it while I was driving, only when I try to start it. I'll crank and crank it, but the damn thing just don't wanna start. Then I leave it for a while and it starts right up. Sometimes it'll start right up and die right after it starts, then won't start unless I leave it for a while. Then of course, starts right up and drives fine. :shrug2: :shrug2:

if the starter is turning the engine over try having someone tap on the top of the distributor with a screwdriver handle while you crank, if it fires I bet you have an ignitor or coil going on you (did this today on a delsol) and had the same prob with my eg last winter, put an ignitor and coil in it and has never failed me since (17,000 miles). if its not turning over use a test light and see if you're getting power to the signal post when someone turns the key... otherwise check for fuel pressure, listen for the fuel pump when someone turns the key to on.

Originally posted by crazkene13@Sep 23 2005, 01:11 PM
if the starter is turning the engine over try having someone tap on the top of the distributor with a screwdriver handle while you crank, if it fires I bet you have an ignitor or coil going on you (did this today on a delsol) and had the same prob with my eg last winter, put an ignitor and coil in it and has never failed me since (17,000 miles). if its not turning over use a test light and see if you're getting power to the signal post when someone turns the key... otherwise check for fuel pressure, listen for the fuel pump when someone turns the key to on.
[post=559364]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, I'm gonna try that next time it won't start.

scottp11 - have u tryed changing ur main relay yet? im gonna chnage mine this weekend and see how it goes..

im not sure to be honest, im gonna pick 1 up from a scrap yard and see hoe it goes

ok my car wont evan start now :( when it very rarely starts it runs like crap the when u put my foot on the gas the revs jus die then stools :(

any ideas wot the problem could be??

honestly it could be many things... check your cel codes and see if you have one. My problem was the engine coolant temperature sensor. When the car was warm it would start, or it would shut down at low rpms.

Back