Help my car dry starts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4drteg54321

Ok i just rebuild my gsr head... i been driving my car for 4 month now with no problem the only problem i have is when i turn it on in the morning i hear i the car dry start and it hasnt change. did i miss a o-ring or something??

Insufficient oil to the motor during start up. Most often caused by motors that are supposed to have a check valve in the oil filter to keep oil from running back out of the head while it sits. If you install a filter without the check valve, it causes dry starts.

But hondas don't have one.

So.. I have no idea. What brand/viscosity oil are you running? Check it for water in the oil?

But how would you know your motor is dry starting? and for 4 months... if it was an actual dry start, the bearings should have been toast by now, seeing as how starting the car for this first time that day is the worse...

Would you possibly mistaking a dry start for a rough start? rough start as in turns over for a few seconds then finally kicks on...

Last edited:
well am sure it not rough start... because it sound like there no sound oil on the cams when the car sit for too long.. then when it build up pressure it back to normal again.

If its doing anything like mine is now, it acts like it grabs funny persay, wehn i start mine up sometimes it has a random "dry start" if you will, we could be in the same boat but i know mine is from a bearing problem in the bottom end

Back