Help My Civic is broke down and no where to turn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay I have a d15b2. I'm having electrical issues. The car when it starts reads a 12 volt reference into the ecu then 5 volts at the tps, the iat sensor and eagr sensor like it should ,after about a couple seconds the voltage raises on all of those sensors in turn shutting off the car. Now I have checked some of my grounds throughout the car tried replacing the ecu with a known good one and still does the same thing. I'm in the process of checking my dizzy right now. Not sure what to check and where to check it. I'm using a pm6 ecu. its also a 1990 civic dx with a dpfi to mpfi swap. Someone plz help me.. I've heard to check the thermostat housing ground by jumping wires in the ecu but not sure which ones to jump. I'm soooo stumped.:(

I'm kind of a noob man I'm an amateur body man and looking to make this a hopped up ride eventually. I'm thinking battery, ecu, alternator thats about it.

thank you for all the info I will let my mechanic know to check all of thee above. he had the same question with the alternator so he disconnected it and still the spike. So then he thought it might be the distributor. Now I will definitely have him check the main under hood fuse box for everything. thanks again I've been having lots of trouble finding someone to at least give me a little bit of help.

Back