help! my firefiox is f0x0red

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I installed an extention that wasn't compaitble with 1.0.3, only 1.0.2... and i didn't realize it until after the fact.

It will open up, but nothing works. all the menus are diabled, and you can't even type in the address bar. its almost like its half loaded.

Here's what i've done so far, and i'm stumped:

redownloaded 1.0.3, overwrote.
same problem.

removed from add/remove programs
redoanladed, installed,
same problem

removed from add/remove programs
regedited, deleted all instances of "firefox" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software
deleted c:\program files\mozilla\firefox\ directory
deleted C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox directory (profile info)
redownloaded, re-installed
same problem.

WTF, over?

why can't i install it anymore? any ideas where else some corrupt data may be hidden?

who the hell still stypes command out?

cmd owns you.

and really dude, if you think im that stupid, you're retarded :)

besides, it won't even fully work when your in windows mode. there will be files that are write protected because they are open with another program-- windows.

i wonder how many people will; actually type that command in now.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Apr 25 2005, 05:08 AM
Just uninstall it and then re-install it. . . .
[post=491013]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you make it past the title of the thread?

thx sabz... but all of everything has been removed already. those paths don't even exist on my system anymore. i dunno..

I had a similar problem when i upgraded some of my divx codecs- i couldnt back track enough to remove the crap as one i installed on top of another - and the new one wouldnt write ontop of the old one- only left 1 option brian ! pop in that windows disk! but remember burn away first !

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 25 2005, 12:23 PM
thx sabz... but all of everything has been removed already. those paths don't even exist on my system anymore. i dunno..
[post=491170]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe some crap leftover in the registry ??

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane+Apr 25 2005, 12:29 PM-->
Time to go get opera
[post=491177]Quoted post[/post]​

opera fucking sucks. lol
i'd rather use IE. heh

netscape 8 is an option...

but who cares- i got a new system in the mail. its just a week or so left.

b204dr
@Apr 25 2005, 01:11 PM
I had a similar problem when i upgraded some of my divx codecs- i couldnt back track enough to remove the crap as one i installed on top of another - and the new one wouldnt write ontop of the old one- only left 1 option brian ! pop in that windows disk! but remember burn away first !
[post=491186]Quoted post[/post]​

i refuse to format over a simple browser issue. theres gotta be something im missing...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 25 2005, 01:51 PM-->
Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 25 2005, 12:29 PM
Time to go get opera
[post=491177]Quoted post[/post]​

opera fucking sucks. lol
i'd rather use IE. heh

netscape 8 is an option...

but who cares- i got a new system in the mail. its just a week or so left.

b204dr
@Apr 25 2005, 01:11 PM
[post=491186]Quoted post[/post]​

Your not missing any thing xp just sucks unless you use that backtracking thing- which no one i know in their right mind does - oh well i tried it once and it fuxored my computer so bad it was a pain to even reformat !

i refuse to format over a simple browser issue. theres gotta be something im missing...
[post=491192]Quoted post[/post]​

Back