1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help my hatch

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by boosted97spyder, Jun 18, 2009.

1. boosted97spyder

boosted97spyder New Member

last night i took my 91 ef hatch with a ls swap to the track and made one pass ran fine.
    drove fine all the way back to staging shut the car and wouldnt start back up, cranking and cranking it finally fired over idled fine so i shut the car off. I figured since it had started it would be fine to drive home then. Wrong now the car wont start again, I have spark will fire on ether, fuel pump is working and i have a check engine light on i think. my question is how do i check the light on a swapped car? is there a special procedure? im new to the honda world dsm's are my thing but just done have the patience for them any more any help PLLLLLEEEEASSSE????
    91 hatch
    b18a?

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

There should be a 2-pin connector either under the hood on the driver's side; has a yellow(IIRC) rubber cover on it. Jump that with a paperclip or something. Depending on the ECU, you'll have to either count the blinking CEL or the red light on the ECU. one long flash=10 and short ones =1, and you'd add them together. ie: 3 long and 3 short=code 33.

3. boosted97spyder

ill check when i get home i bought a honda because they are supoosed to run for ever what is this not running non sense

4. boosted97spyder

i found a connecter under the hood that has like 5 wires going to it but couldnt find anything else. this is what i have found out car runs on ether, fuel pump is working, has fuel, the injectors are NOT pulsing, any ideas, has spark. cam sesnsor? crank sensor?

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

A properly maintaned, stock engine Honda will typically run forever. Once you start in with the swaps and the modifications and the racing then who knows what the hell will happen...

6. boosted97spyder

isnt this a honda swap forum?

7. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Did you check under the dash for the service connector?

I have a 92-95 and mine is under my glove-box. Just like K2e2vin said, after you jump the plug, you check it like morris code.
    Your best option is to figure that out and let the ECU tell you whats up.

What ECU? Motor? OBD converted? Stuff like that is needed for guys on here to be able to help more

8. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

What I meant by 'motor' is B18A or B18B?

9. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Sorry, I see now...B18A

10. crvtec90

crvtec90 New Member

If u have an obd 0 ecu from a 90-91 integra, the red light on the ecu will automatically blink if there is a hard code. If your car has been converted to obd 1, there might be a 2-pin plug on the conversion harness at the ecu.

11. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

The connector is under the passenger side dash its a 2 pin connector.I have an obd0 and an obd1 and the connector for both of them is under the dash on the passenger side.

12. boosted97spyder

found the connector thank you, also found a code 16 injectors, so i checked them and found they have 11 ohms but i have no resistor box would this be the reason why my ecu popped a fuse? the drew to much voltage. im only getting milli volts at the injector connector

13. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Injectors are out of a B18A? Find some to swap in their place....and check ohm load then or check line for continuity....??

14. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yes. I fail to see how that negates what I said...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted