Help my LS is leaking life blood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I recently went under the hood of my 95 integra to do some basic checks and noticed that I have an oil leak. I'm pretty sure it coming from the valve cover and/or cam shaft seal. How hard is it to change these items and what do I need?

To replace valve cover gasket is easy just remove plug wires and the 8 bolts 10 mm.As for the cam seal it will be just a bit more difficult since you need to remove the camgears and slide the seals out and try not to move the timming belt,unless you know how to do the timming adjustments.

Hope this help if not,keep asking.

For the valve cover, is there a glue or apoxy I have to apply? The other leak is coming from a lil black circle near the distrubitor.

Yeah the service manual says to apply some HONDA Grey SILICONE to the 4 corners where the gaskets goes over the cams.As for the cam cap next to the distributor you also0 need to apply silicone,but I recommend you buy a new one should be about $12 bucks OEM or a performance one for $30.

i just replaced my cam seal.

its the little black circle thing right infront of the dizzy right??

if it is, its a $4.99 part from honda and a 30min install. all you have to do is pull your valve cover, and the cam retainer thingie thats covering part of the cam seal. put the new cam seal in, bolt everything back up, and you are good to go.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Mar 7 2004, 01:25 PM
i just replaced my cam seal.

its the little black circle thing right infront of the dizzy right??

if it is, its a $4.99 part from honda and a 30min install. all you have to do is pull your valve cover, and the cam retainer thingie thats covering part of the cam seal. put the new cam seal in, bolt everything back up, and you are good to go.

just rememer to silicone the cam cap otherwise it might leak.

i didnt have any silicone, so i just used a little oil to lube it up, but yeah, silicone would have been nice.

Back