Help My Poor Friend Figure Out His B16 Swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Well I thought I would never do a swap again but here I am again helping a buddy. He has a 96 civic non vtec with the original motor being the d16y7 well he ends up buying a B16. Unforunetly he bought an OBD I Motor. Does anyone have some links to help me figure out what hes got to do for this swap. If it matters he has a p30 ecu. Im very rusty with hondas now.. But overall I remember quite a bit. Ive noticed just by looking at it the injector harness is diffrent and the altenator plugs as well. I just need to know what I have to do to wire this thing up. I know he orded it from H-motors and got the complete change over.. with mounts axels and so forth. However he did not recieve a intermediate shaft.
Any tips you can give me would be great!! I know h22's in accords but this is a whole other ball game!

Now to put a real twist on things hes ordered a obd II distributor.. and his buddy also wanted to trade his obd II computer for his obd I that he recieved with his engine .. But wouldnt that just screw things up?

the obd2 distributor should be fine and I would keep using a obd2 ecu
also you can just splice the injector clips on. you also should be able to get an obd2 b series alternator,Did the swap come with one? I think the plugs should be the same. I'm thinking this thing out backwards because I did it exactly opposite. OBD2 motor into A OBD1 Car.

Edit: probably be able to use a OBD2 Si ECU
You'll need to wire Vtec solenoid and possibly a Knock sensor

Thats all I can think of right now
JIM

Yeah thats the first thing I did for him was switch the injectors harness!

As for the altenator Im having troubles wiring that... Im using the altenator that came with the b16 since he told me the d17 didnt work. And the plugs ended up being diffrent. Im left with if memory serves me right, a white/red and a white/green on the stock harness side and a white yellow. Dont hold me to that.. I dont have the car here.

I tried doing the splice job and almost fried my electrical system.
I ended up useing a 92? integra alternator.

EDIT:
Try PM B ( pissedoffsol) I think he knows how to do the splicing between obd 's

anyone have a link on this swap.. Im having a tough time finding what exaxtly he needs to do or choices he has.

The biggest thing hanging me up is the whole obd II to I conversion. Now if he could get a OBD II b16 compatable ecu would he be better off? Or should he get the conversion harness.

I realize I am going to have to add the Vtec wires and a knock sensor wire. But will everything else clip together and work right. Or will I have to make some kind of adjustments.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Sep 1 2004, 11:59 PM
I guess no one knows anything about swaps on this board? SWEET
[post=385088]Quoted post[/post]​

i am far from an expert, but i just swapped a 99 Si B16A2 into my 96 coupe. You are going to have to extend the o2 sensor for sure, and wire it up for vtec... my injectors harness worked fine... i am also using an obd1 p30 ecu, with the jumper harness.

sorry i wasn't much help...

Back