HELP!! Need response ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

ok i was on my way home and my tach just shot down to zip..and it was just rollin in gear no throttle response of anything so i pull my carpet back and looked at the ecu and it was blinkin 1 strong blink then blink 5times..by the way its a 90 civic si with a b16 swap..i need some codes if anyone can help me!!

well i couldnt find it...i thought yall had obd0 ecu codes page somewhere on here i thought...im thinkin code5 is MAP sensor..but i wanna be sure

yea i found it like acouple of seconds after yall posted this..oh yea i forgot to ask..where can i get some autozone blinker fluid?? :huh:

ok so if my ecu has a strong blink then blink 5 times its code 15 or 5??

one more thing code15 is the distributor right??
15- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-95 88-95 n/a 88-91 93-95 95 88-95
Ignition Output Signal
missing or defective ignition output signal

Distributor is F-ed... get a new one...

BlinkerFluid? second to last aisle near those articles
Thank You Come Again

Before I went replacing the whole distributor, I'd replace the ignitor, or ignition amplifier.

You can use an ignitor from any 88-91 car. Its the 4-prong thing that's held in with a couple screws. 9 / 10 Code 15 = bad ignitor in my experience.

If you have a MSD 6A or other similar ignition amplifier, there is a way to bypass the ignitor altogether and take advantage of the logic-level trigger input on the ignition amp. see http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=555555&page=2

im goin to try replacing the coil first..if that doesnt work ill try the ignitier..im hopin this works..cant afford the igniter

Back