Help Needed (jdm Only Car/engine)!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need some help to decide what parts would help me out the most for the daily beater/weekend drag car setup. I have (as my name says) a jdm CF4 Accord with the f20b in it. it makes 200 hp and the car weighs like 2800 to 3000 lbs (a little less than USDM cuz of no reinforcements in the doors, etc that are not required in japan). i currently have a 8.5 lb Clutchmasters Flywheel in it and stage 3 CM clutch with a factory LSD. i think it does a high 14 in the quarter (I say think because we dont have lights or timeslips where we race) maybe someone could confirm this. But i would like to run a low to med 13 or just enough to beat those pesky JDM SIR2 Hatches that multiply like rabbits down here :lol: . is it possible to do this and still be N/A and what would be required to do so?
Thanks A Buncn

First off, I'm not answering any of your questions until you provide some pics of your Accord, WITH engine. :p :D

I love that CF4 Accord. If you wanna go faster and still stay n/a, it's definitely possible, but how much are you willing to spend? Go with the basic I/H/E first, that should gain you some power. Have you upgraded the suspension/brakes at all? It's always good to be able to control the power that you have. After you do some of the basics, you can start looking at valvetrain upgrades, headwork, higher compression pistons, etc etc. The list goes on.

I kinda know what kind of mods i want but its not easy to find parts for the F20B/H22A setup. I want to upgrade the head first with cams and valve springs but i cant find any aftermarket valve springs for the F20B/H22A. Any ideas?

Oh man there are plenty of valve springs, cams, etc out there. Skunk2, JUN, Crower, the list goes on. Check those guys out first.

Back