HELP NEVER OWNED ANYTHING SMALLER THEN 5.0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HELP PLEASE I just bought an 02 civic with blown engine I put a vtec in a non vtec car need to know what todo so i can get the vtec working so it doesnt blow up and need to know y the tach would die after i drove it check engine light came on and the temp guage both dont work. Im tired of the issues please someone have some answers

you should just push it off a bridge.

that being said, you should have some some research and saved yourself some trouble. you'll need vtec components, two of them. the big ones. an ecu with a vtec map, some extra wiring, etc.

Look up swaps that other people have done and backtrack what you need to fix to get it going.

What engine did you put in the car and what year?

You need the ECU, proper plugs, and a couple wires.

Probably just a matter of hooking up the vtec solenoid and oil pressure sensor to the correct ECU.

What engine did you put in the car and what year?
X2

And what ECU?

Did you use the engine harness out of the car? I'd like to know how that whole process worked.

I don't know why your temp gauge doesn't work....tach should work too. Based on my knowledge, the wiring isn't any different inside the cabin or where it runs to the motor or how it connects to the ECU. If it's an Auto Trans...I have no experience with Auto swaps but I still figure the wiring aspect (mentioned in this paragraph) is the same.

Maybe correct ECU fixes it but I'm skeptical (especially with limited info given). We just don't know all you got.

I figure it's a wiring problem plus ECU and VTEC wiring needs to be done. But that's a blind stab.

It's an OBD2 car, harnesses changed pinouts pretty frequently. I'm surprised it runs. Once the OP returns with the part numbers, we'll know more.

right, could be an obd2a motor and obd2b car.

Back