HELP...new Catback purchase for the EG!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Looking to purchase a new Catback system for the EG hatch (EH..whatever), anyhow, I have it narrowed down to 3 I want to choose between. These are:

Apex'i WS 2
Thermal Research (unknown model)
Rs*R Ex Mag.

Its for my girlies EG that is currently running a d16z6, but going to a GSR this summer and eventually Turbo'd within a year of that (but thats way down the road and at that point could be changed if needed). This is a clean STREET car. She doesn't need tix for loud exhaust and I want something that produces not just makes sound. I;m looking for opinons/experience/pros/cons/etc. Also, feel free to recommend any manufacturer that I might not have listed here, but these are the 3 that I believe in. TIA

matt

PS...also looking for recomendations for a high flow cat for the same application
<_<

My reccomendation (as always) is to go with the magnaflow catback system.

Part #15645

Catback
*click on the part # to view.

I've had it for a year now. It's freeking great. Nice and quiet, has a low grumble to it. 100% stainless, including hardware, mandrel bent tubing, polished muffler/tip/resonater. Nice power increase, 2.25" tubing. What else can I say?....

oh ya, it WAY cheaper than most out there....the MSRP on the magnaflow website is $448 US......I got mine for $450 CDN. You could get it way cheaper than I could if you live in the US.

You could also go with a Magnaflow High-Flow Cat as well.....here are a few to choose from:
Magnflow Cats

Personally, I dont run with a cat at all (I have my old cat sitting in my bassment in case I need to go to an emmissions test...just slap it back on), but for the money, the Magnaflow systems have exceeded my every expectation.

Here are some sound clips and videos of Magnaflow systems on a few popular cars, including some on Hondas so you can hear first hand how they sound:
Sound clips

Hope this helps some....just some more options for ya....

peace.

the RS*R is definatly the way to go

the ex mag is what i have on my hatch. its digustingly loud, scrapes everywhere on everything due to the way its designed.

i'd go with the world sport.

thanks guys, anyone else care to share their opinon? matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Dec 14 2004, 03:53 PM
thanks guys, anyone else care to share their opinon? matt
[post=432151]Quoted post[/post]​

Matt -
I have the Invidia exhaust system they used to make RSR but they split.
You have heard my car I love the system if you want I can get you one for a little bit under $400 for the full catback. Let me know what you go with.

I have been running an 5Zigen Fireball system on my EG for about a year or more. I have never been pulld over for a loudness issue or anything. Granted, its the only thing on my car that gives away that its a modified Civic. Not to loud, really helps the mid-range and sounds awesome at redline. Get the full setup and a header. that woman will be cruisin after that.

RSR or WS, not a whole lot of difference, both are quiet, look nice, priced about the same.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 14 2004, 11:07 AM
the ex mag is what i have on my hatch. its digustingly loud, scrapes everywhere on everything due to the way its designed.

i'd go with the world sport.
[post=431905]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< that sucks, I was going to get the ex mag because I heard it was the quitest performance exhaust :angry:

B has the RS*R ExMag GT II exhaust, the straight through, N1 can style.

You are considering the ExMag I right? That one is super quiet and sounds real good.

http://www.rs-r.com/products/exhaust/gt2.php is what i have.

rsrcatback.jpg

since your going turbo, wait till the motor is in, then do a custom 3 incher with a resonator with your choice muff.

Back