Help? no seriously

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I need some help before I lose my shit and throw this computer out a window.

I am in outlook, the shitty email program from MS. I need to use it because it integrates with our tax software. Once upon a time it worked fine, but ever since I ctrl+c and ctrl+v some text from one email into a new one I was writing its fucked up.

I want to hit enter and drop one line. Hit enter 2 to drop 2 lines and make a new paragraph.

Now every email

I type

is like this.

Bullshit.

apparently for line spacing i need none instead of single, but i don't know how to make that the default, nor do I really know how i fucked it up.
I could say that it just did it itself and I didn't click anything but no one buys that shit.
I was using it so I obviously fucked it up.

Without knowing which version of Office you have, I can't tell you what you need to do to change it...

Office 2003? 2007? 2010?

copy paste something that isnt double spaced and see if that fixes it.. or check the formatting of your emails

outlook 2007

i tried the copy and paste thing already and its just a temporary solution
the formatting is what i need to change/fix i guess

Are you using the option for "use word as editor" ? if so, its likely your margins or something with the ruler bar got moved.

If you have the discs, you can always run a repair install

thanks for that link
i did the instructions in one of the comments and now when i start a new email, or reply to an email
the first time i hit enter it will jump down 2 lines, but then every time i hit enter after that it only goes down one time.
better than nothing lol

i think the part about "the paragraph after this one = no spacing" fixed the issue after the first time i hit enter, but i dunno how to fix the very first paragraph spacing lol

good enough for now

Follow these steps in order one by one…
Open a new message.
Click ‘Format Text’ in the tabs at the top.
Left click on ‘Quick Styles’ so that it drops down.
Right click on ‘Normal’ and choose modify.
Where it says ‘Style for following paragraph’ choose ‘No Spacing’.
Then select the radio button below that says ‘New documents based on this
template’.
Click the little format button near the bottom of the dialog window and
select ‘Paragraph’ from the drop down.
On that new window, make sure line spacing is set to single.
Make sure the Spacing -> After value is set to 0pt.
Ensure that there is a check in the box that says ‘Don’t ass space
between……’
Say OK to that window.
Say OK to the window under it.
Close that new message.
Start a new message and try some typing …

Back