HELP!! No spark on the B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well to start off the car has been running a little rough since i just picked it up, but it felt like bad gas from the car sitting for 6 months. Therefore i filled up with 93octane and let it run for about a half hour and then it started to sound like it was missing. So i pulled the plugs and they looked like i was actually running a little lean, so i replaced them. It then just died at a stop sign and i had to push it to my friends house (really fun). After trying to start it some more i pulled the plugs and there was plenty of fuel getting in but i then tested the plugs and wasnt getting any kind of spark.

So i took the cap of the dizzy and it looked a little white inside of it and smelled like it was burning a little bit. Now how can i tell if its bad or how can i clean it and try it again? Or could it be someting else?

(the car is a 90 civic si with a B16 OBD-0)

Bump for my lunch break

I guess ill just order a new Dizzy from streetimports.com or get a used one from hmotorsonline, but if someone thinks it could be something else let me know ASAP i need to get this car running again!

the dizzy on the car is deffianlty fried, and it appears to be the wrong one. The stamp on it says TC-05A when it should be TD-22U for the B16a1.

I looked in the reference section and i cant even find where that came from, someone help me out here...

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Mar 10 2005, 03:58 PM
the dizzy on the car is deffianlty fried, and it appears to be the wrong one. The stamp on it says TC-05A when it should be TD-22U for the B16a1.

I looked in the reference section and i cant even find where that came from, someone help me out here...
[post=471837]Quoted post[/post]​

i had the same problem with my b18c and i replaced the distributor and it fixed the problem. go to locashracing.com for one. there pretty cheat there and there new.

So i researched and it looks like the TC-05A came from the 88 civic awd wagon. Now how it got on my b16 i have no idea?
But someone deserves a swift kick to the nuts :kick:

Back