Help No Spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Moses154

I have a 1990 Crx si with a b16a jdm in it. when i got the car it was already installed... i let it set for 6 months and i just dicided to sell it so i went to start it.. it started right up i let it warm up then i gave it some gas and then i heard a click and it turned off.. i tryed to start it again but the engine would just turn over and not start so i checked to see if it had spark and it didnt.. so i called the guy i got the car from and he told me that it is all integra parts so just to get a 1991 acura integra distributor and cap and it should start i went to autozone and they had the parts 1 in stock i checked with the old one i had and it all matched up so i got it and installed it but still no fire if there is any one that can tell me how to fix this please let me know i will try anything

I thought if i got a hole new distributor assembly, cap and rotor they are all new parts i thought that it would fix the problem

You got a brand new dizzy, a cap and rotor wont usually fix a no spark situation, but if you got a brand new distributor, then my next recommendation would be a bum main relay.

Yah check ur coils as well..umm could be ur relay but hey no harm in checking right? Usually when coils fail they have a similiar pattern...so thats what it sounds like to me probably completely fried it now.

In the drivers side footwell, right above the hood relese, its fairly good size and has 8 wires going into it.

Its held up there with a 10mm, once you get ot out you can pull the cover off of it, check to see if the soldering isnt all melted.

Yes i Changed the hole Dizzy new out of the box also changed cap and rotor i hooked up a test light and it showed it had power to the dizzy left cap off to make sure it turned and it did also removed relay and it was still good but still no spark could this be a ECU problem? i check and no codes

Last edited:
ok 450 dollars later and i found out its the the #14 slot in the fuse box Named Alternator Solenoid Valve thanks to changing to the light up fuses for $15 dollars (Fuses that light up when they burn out) so i need to know where should i start looking please help

Back