Help no spark!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shqs86crxsi

I recently swapped in a d16a1 into an 86 crx si, I used TJ's wiring directions to wire it up , but I have no spark, the coil is getting voltage but it's not firing :feedback: please, It would really help me out if I could get ECU pinouts for the 88 integra, or if you have any suggestions I'm open to any.

Thanks

Isaac R.

Originally posted by shqs86crxsi@Mar 6 2004, 12:06 AM
I recently swapped in a d16a1 into an 86 crx si, I used TJ's wiring directions to wire it up , but I have no spark, the coil is getting voltage but it's not firing :feedback: please, It would really help me out if I could get ECU pinouts for the 88 integra, or if you have any suggestions I'm open to any.

Thanks

Isaac R.

where is the spark stopping? you say the coil is working, so is the cap still good? wires still good? plugs still good? find out where it's ending.

I'm using an MSD external coil with the MSD cap ,brand new, plus I'm also using an SCI ignition system. I've got power to the coil but don't know what triggers the spark, I believe the ignitor does, but I don't know which wires are the ones to check to see if it's receiving a signal from the ECU or sending one. That is why I need ECU pinout assignments for the '88 Teg.

Yes the ignitor controls the spark. I it is in the disy. Most likely you will have to replace it. They doo tend to burn out. BUt I would check the 4 wires on it and make sure that they are hooked up. make sure you have a good ground very important. It sounds to me you have too much spark control for a stock engine. Even low boost doesn't need much more then just a coil. Your problem is probably with the SCI ignition system.

I was originally using this on the zc engine till it blow thats why i swapped in the d16a1, what should i be looking for in those 4 wires voltage at the dizzy . i recently replaced the ground wires with new ones also. is there a way to check the ignitor to see if it's working.

Back