Help non start after HG replacement!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colin7878

hey guys i just finished putting in a new headgasket in my dads old 1994 Civic DX. I tried to start her up today and it would just cranks and cranks I am getting fuel to the rail and all the connectors look good. Could i have damaged a sensor while cleaning the head/tb-intake. The timing should be fine to i did not disturb the cam engine block and it was TDC. I dont have any codes to point me in a direction i am just scratching my head. If anyone can tell me what sensors to test that would cause this problem i would be grateful

see if it has spark. If it has spark, see if starts with starting fluid. If it runs rough on the starting fluid, then it's a timing issue. If it runs fine on the starting fluid, then it's a sensor.

see if it has spark. If it has spark, see if starts with starting fluid. If it runs rough on the starting fluid, then it's a timing issue. If it runs fine on the starting fluid, then it's a sensor.

Thanks i will try that tomorrow, i would have checked for spark today but i couldnt get a helper lol

So i tested for spark today and did not get anything :( then i tested the ignition coil with my multimeter so it seems like that could be the problem

Back