help.....obd1 gsr into an 96 obd2a civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

taasoek

what do with the engine bay harness if im putting a gsr obd1 into my 96 civic ex and im going to use a p28 chipped ecu with ecu conversion harness.....do i need to wire anything for the butterfly valves or any thing else.....reply asap....

not sure about the butterfly but you are going to have to use the wiring harness from your ex and make sure you use the injectors from the ex and you are going to have to buy a new distributor that is obd2a and bolt that on the engine. you might have a different plug from the altenator so you might have to get yourself a new alt. (unless you want to cut the plug from the obd1 harness) besides that you are good to go. no you can't use the obd1 injectors and no you can't use the obd1 dizzy i know because i did the same swap for my 97 civic just that mine was a b16. now for the butterfly, you are going to use a p28 so you don't need to run a wire for that but you might want to get yourself a new intake so you don't have to bother with that butterfly because it is going to remain close/open depending on how you look at it! need any help let me know
also as a side note, you are going to need new mounts because none of you d series mounts will fit on there need anymore help let me know

Originally posted by taasoek@Mar 2 2005, 02:05 PM
what do with the engine bay harness if im putting a gsr obd1 into my 96 civic ex and im going to use a p28 chipped ecu with ecu conversion harness.....do i need to wire anything for the butterfly valves or any thing else.....reply asap....
[post=468320]Quoted post[/post]​

if u want it right youll have to send it to hasport and they will wire it for you

Originally posted by civic32958+Mar 2 2005, 07:50 PM-->
@Mar 2 2005, 02:05 PM
[post=468320]Quoted post[/post]​

if u want it right youll have to send it to hasport and they will wire it for you
[post=468487]Quoted post[/post]​

send what to hasport? the wiring? the ecu? if it is the ecu let me know i can hook you up with a good friend for that?

Back