Help on B16A into Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiteDB1

I Have 94 gsr shell that has no motor mounts in it or no wiring harness. My question is what motor mounts do i use. I know to use the stock motor mount on the side driver side but i dont know what to use on the rest of the mounts. My motor is OBD0 also. Should i change the firewall to OBD0 or change the motor to OBD1 since the integra is OBD1?

Convert Motor to OBD1....not car to OBD0

Dizzy...Alternator....injectors (or splice wiring)

Get a GSR, Del Sol VTEC, or D16Z6 wiring harness

D16Z6 (92-95 1.6 SOHC VTEC OBD1) is the cheapest and only needs a few lines extended (about $50-200) I got mine for $60

I would think about a Integra motor to be honest. Sell the B16 (your car is just too heavy for that motor IMO) Find a GSR or just run an LS (torque is more important when thinking of your heavy Teg IMO) A B16 will still rev up but normal driving will feel like you have the A/C on all the time. But, like I said, just my opinion

all stock motor mounts will weork, all you will need to change is the drivers side bracket on the engine itself.

Im running a jdm b16a in my teggy and its pretty slow if your using a LS tranny.

a few things to help that is a new aftermarket intake manifold (you need it anyway to convert it to OBD1), stock obd1 injectors, socketed p28(so you can tune it), P30 base map chip(goes in your ecu untill you or fell like a tune), I/H/E, and a tune( if you want).

I did that and I take most LS swapped civics with I/H/E.

oh yeah and if your teg isnt a GSR you will need to wire in the V-tec from your ECU.

All you need to do is run 3 wires and thats it, easy as hell and no need to swap your harnes.

it's true.. even in my da9 the b16 doesnt have enough torque for me. i'm probably going to go b20vtec here before too long because of that. at least go for a b18.. just my opinion

Back