Help on b20 swap for a 98 coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi94

sup ya'll Im getting ready to buy a b20 longblock and ima try n get a gsr tranny and what not. But my question is will ls parts fit on the b20 and fit in my civic. i know the b20 intake mani and what and other parts dont fit properly in a civic but will ls parts? i was thinking of getting a ls swap and selling the motor and tranny. or is that a bad idea? i want a nice engine for boost. and something in my price range.lol the b20 and b18b are my only canidates lol

aight. im going to get the long block and run with a gsr tranny but which ecu.? Can i use another ecu instead of the ls ecu?

i was thinking about the ls at first then i started looking into the b20 because of their killer torque. y do u recommend the ls over the b20?

i know a few sites like hmotorsonline and totaljdm and others but what about nagano japanese motors? Does anyone have any info on them or experience? Are they bad like osakajdmmotors from what i heard? please help me out here.

all out drag car witha b18 why do such foolish words come from your hand? i have a b20 in my crx runing a ls ecu and i love it i have ran a 13.8 all motor with a ls trans. the only thing i have done to it is a set f ls cams and a CAI with a exhaust.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Aug 19 2004, 08:55 PM
all out drag car witha b18 why do such foolish words come from your hand? i have a b20 in my crx runing a ls ecu and i love it i have ran a 13.8 all motor with a ls trans. the only thing i have done to it is a set f ls cams and a CAI with a exhaust.
[post=379415]Quoted post[/post]​

because an all out drag car runs faster than a 13.8, and is running higher cylinder pressures than you should run on stock 84mm sleeves. and if your going to sleeve it, theres no point to paying the premium for the b20 block.

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr+Aug 20 2004, 02:52 PM-->
@Aug 19 2004, 08:55 PM
[post=379415]Quoted post[/post]​

because an all out drag car runs faster than a 13.8, and is running higher cylinder pressures than you should run on stock 84mm sleeves. and if your going to sleeve it, theres no point to paying the premium for the b20 block.
[post=379772]Quoted post[/post]​

PREMIUM??? There is no premium for the b20, maybe things have changed over the past year but back then there was no premium it was maybe 200 dollars more than the LS depending on where you get it. Most places were charging like 700 for an OBD1 b18b1 longblock and 8-900 for the obd2 b20Z longblock. Sure i got lucky and paid a grand total of 1100 with shipping for my complete LS swap, but most people didn't get that lucky.

Back