help on L15A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahxin

Hi i am new here... introduce myself first.. driving a honda FIT ^_^
i notice that fit is using L15A.. i like to know can L15A vtec (1500cc) upgrade to 1700cc? what i have to do or change to make it happen... thanks alot...:confused:
dunno much on car.. just start driving less then 6months
thanks

thats the new civic e-vtec motor correct ? if so your better off swapping the motor out instead of trying to make that one better

I don't know if you can go to 1700cc- is that just an arbitrary target or did you hear about it somewhere?

You could bore it out, but I doubt you'll get to 1.7L.

Welcome to HondaSwap! Stick around- we need more Fit drivers.

ya hi i am not sure abt the e-vtec... i know diff from i-vtec
this car is sohc vtec... as u know i am new no sure abt the spec... sorry

bro can check it up for me??
i try alot of website.. they only post swap engine..
my thinking is out looks, look normal under the hook also normal.. but no one know what inside the engine..
i remember one time a new 1.8 honda civic drive pass me and show me tumbs down.. when i am running at 180++km/h..
i saw this car a few time near my place... wait till i port until 1.7... i beileve 210 or 220 not a problem...

the new fit only says vtec on the motor but the 1.5 liter is supposed to runn really good i rember reading about the 1.5 and preformed really well. not this year but yeah. and spoon motor sports did make a progect car and i read the article and they loved the car but the sport version is the way to go. lol there.

I do like the way the exhaust runs down the back-side of the motor, you can change the oil without dripping onto the pipe.

dont mean to hijack the thread but has anyone heard anything good about those jackson racing rotrex sc? just curious as it has been talked about on my other forum but nobody had too much good to say about it.

also i dont know if i would try to bore out a motor as small as the 1.5, u are prolly better off goin boost and moddin ur fuel/air delivery system. id even reccomend nitrous before a bore. and i am pretty much anti-nitrous.

This motor has potential, so much so that HPD is producing them for the renamed Formula Ford series in SCCA (Formula F). L15a7

I would look into other areas before you try to stroke this motor.

Back