Help on suspension decision

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

Here are the two possible setups I am deciding between

1. Tokico Illumina's with Eibach pro-kits [$625]

2. slightly used [4months] Tein SS [$700]

fb3e2c16.jpg

I'm leaning towards the teins but I'm not sure about warranty coverage being that they are used. I'd like to not have to worry if one of the shocks blows out for some stupid reason. Plus I wouldn't have to F with a spring compressor because the guy is including everything in the pic so it would be a pretty simple install

the only thing that would push me toward setup one is that the eibach's are progressive rate and therefore would provide a smoother ride around town

anythoughts?

I say go with the Tein. I love mine and $700 is a good price for used. The ride quality is great as long as you don't set it too stiff. For a $75 difference buy the SS

FYI: I'm pretty sure that if you have stock springs you'll need to use the spring compressor to get the stock spings out.

FWIW: I had a customer that had Ground Control coil overs (which essentially come wiht custom spring rated Eibach springs) with Tokico Illumina in his 2001 Accord and he had a butt load of heavy audio equipment and he really liked that suspension setup.

Tein is probably the caddy of suspension though so it depends on how good of a suspension do you want? Will you be autocrossing your car or mostly just daily driving? Do you have heavy audio equipment? Just some things to consider.

Ive ridden on springs and shocks, springs and sleeves, and my current setup the tein ss. The tiens have been the best so far and no plans on swaping them out. I payed over a grand so 700 sounds really good.

forgot to say that for 750 or so you can get the full Tokico coil overs. why settle for just the tokico shocks and springs for around the same price.

thanks all,
I'm pretty sure that if I can still get those Teins I will

the guy had them listed locally for $700 and then he sent me a PM that said someone has offered him $725.... doesn't make sense why someone would offer him more

I'm waiting to hear back from him about if they are still for sale or not

I want to get to some autox events next summer, and if I did that it would be nice to have the ability to get the car corner weighted

I have heavy audio if you consider one 10" sub heavy.... :lol:

I've considered the tockico coilovers as well...btw

Sean

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 22 2003, 03:21 PM
the teins seem to be linear. if i were you, id get the teins,.

what exactly do you mean by "linear"
spring rate?

if so, I kind of like the progressive rate of the eibach's but since I haven't ridden on the teins I can't really compare

at anyrate if they are still available I'll probably buy them

hayame damper system $580, spw carries them. they are baddass, i swear by them. i got them on my accord and civic hatch

Back