Help on this fuel regulator gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Does anyone knows what is the stock fuel presure for the stock civic, 96 civic hatchback cx? I have a 96 civic hb cx and swap a JDM 98 GSR in. I have cold air intake, DC 4-2-1 header, Tsudo Full cat Back exhuast system with high flow OBX cat converter. I just bought an adjustible fuel regulator with the fuel gauge and my guestion is....what is the stock fuel presure(psi) for this particular civic? and by how much should I adjust my fuel presure to? my cousin has a b16 with turbo charger and he adjust his fuel presure(psi) to 45psi(this is not how much he boost ok).

Here is the FORMULA THAT CAME WITH THE INSTRUCTION that determing how much one should adjust the fuel presure ...

F1= injector flow
P1= current fuel presure (psi)
F2= new injector flow
P2= new fuel presure (psi)

this is the example that they gave in the instruction
Example. if you added a high flow exhaust that increases airflow 10%, the following is how much you should adjust your psi.

F1= 270 cc/min
F2= 297 cc/min (270 + 10%)THIS SHOULD BE RESTATE LIKE:(270*10%) + 270=297
P1= 43 psi (this is what I dont get it, how did they get this answer, I assumed its a given number or stock psi)
SO TO ADJUST YOUR PSI ACCORDING TO THE INCREASES OF 10% AIRFLOW THE FORMULA IS USED

P2= 43 psi *(297/270)<------square the answer in the prentacy then multiply by 43(i dont know how to used the square function)
THE NEW PSI SHOULD BE 52 PSI

SO, IN ORDER TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH THE FUEL NEED TO BE AJUST, i NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE STOCK FUEL PRESURE (PSI) FOR THE STOCK CIVIC. YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED.

OH, AND ALSO IF YOU COULD SOMEONE HAVE THEIR OP ON THIS EASTIMATES TOO
1. COLD AIR INTAKE---10% INCREASE OF AIRFLOW
2. DC HEADER----5% INCREASE OF AIRFLOW
3. TSUDO FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH OBX CAT CONV.---10%
TOTALS OF 25% INCREASE OF AIR FOW

SO, I HAVE THE ABOVE MODS AND ASSUMMING THAT MY STOCK FUEL PRESURE IS 45PSI THEN I SHOULD ADJUST PSI TO 70PSI( THIS IS DONE ON A SEPARATE PAPER AND WILL NOT BE POST IN HERE. THE INFOR USED ARE. 240CC GSR INJECTORS, ESTIMATE OF 25% INCREASE IN AIRFLOW)
YOUR HELP IS WELCOME.

no no no no no.... dude... woah.

do NOT crank your pressure to 70 psi. you will flood to holy hell.

stock pressure varies, but is generally in the 35-42psi range. Frankly, thats all you really need.

i/h/e and bolt ons like you hve really don't warrant the need for more fuel. The computer will make adjustments automatically based on the map readings. the more air going in, the more the map sensor reads, the more fuel it tells the computer to put it.

so, either return the FPR, or leave it at ~40 psi.

The stock pressure for your old d16y7 was 44 psi stock. FUel pressure regulators can be a waste of money on a mildly built all motor, but will become more of a necessity when your engine becomes more built and more tuning is needed. Fpr's are important for those of us who use nitrous or some other form of a power adder!

Ok, thanks guys for your knowlege. So, if I fully understand from your input, the computer autimatically adjust fuel as needed, I dont need to adjust it any futher? well, can I still put them on and not adjust them just for the look of it? because I plan to buy a pair of Skunk2 cams shafts with retainers and type r ecu and then maybe I could adjusted to 45 or 50 psi. thanks alot guys.

Back