Help Part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

OK finally I got spark and the engine has turned over. So the problem is now that when I shut the engine off I hear oil dripping on the ground. I looked and behind the intake manifold oil was spewed everywhere. I checked to make sure my filter was the right one, was on tight and no double gasket. Where else could this be coming from?

Mark

Ok, Valve cover was tight oil filter tight. I crawled under the engine and noticed 2 things. First there is a black box on the back of the intake that holds the PCV valve. I pushed that all the way into the block and bolted it down. Second. It looks like I am missing something because there are 2 bolts holes on the side of the block right next to the oil pan. What are they for? I also have some bolt holes on my tranny that I can see from underneath. Is there like a cover missing because I can see my flywheel.

yes you are missing a dust shield but oil wouldnt "spew" from there check your gaskets and find exactly where the oils coming from

Ok question, I removed the oil pan prior to installing the engine. I then replaced it do I need to buy that gasket sealant stuff also to put on the gasket or just torque the bolts down? Same with the vavle cover.

Ok I checked all gaskets on the oil pan I even went around the outside with a thin layer of gasket material. It leaked again alot so I crawled under it after turning it off and noticed the leak was coming from somewhere above the oil pan. Is there an oil return line somewhere back there that maybe I did not hook up because the oil is splatered all over the firewall.

Thanks
Mark

dwn2low Posted on Jul 26 2003, 11:47 AM
Ok, Valve cover was tight oil filter tight. I crawled under the engine and noticed 2 things. First there is a black box on the back of the intake that holds the PCV valve. I pushed that all the way into the block and bolted it down.

if this is the box that is under the intake manifold then i think you should check this again, along with the hoses coming off it, this is the crank case breather box and oil could definately spew out of that and spray oil all over the firewall.

Ok I double checked that. Thanks but it still is coming out is there an oil sending unit back there somewhere that I may be missing?

THIS BOX IM NOT SURE WHAT ITS CALLED EXACTLY, BUT I HAD TO GET TWO
GROMETS, FOR IT, AND IT HIS DIRECTLY UNDER THE INTAKE, BESIDE THE REAR
MOUNT BRACKET, NOW THIS BOX AS TWO HOLES THAT GO INTO THE BLOCK,
AND WHEN WE WERE DOING A LEAK DOWN ON THE ENGINE WE FORGOT THE BOX AT FIRST AND OIL WAS SPEWING EVERYWHERE, PARTS ABOUT 40 BUCKS FROM ACURA, OR I HAVE ONE IF YOU WANT PATRICK_CERE99@HOTMAIL.COM

Back