HELP: Philippine 93 Hatch to receive D15B Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xxmengxx

Hi folks. I have a 93 Civic Hatch in Manila with a stock motor. The motor is a PH12, carburetor version which is 1.3 or 1.2, a very economical everyday car.

A few months ago, the carburetor started to give wild idling actions. You can't just get it back to the stable idling condition. The autoshop here recommended to replace the engine with a D15B, which they say is the most economical engine for a Hatch. He told me that it was a bolt on engine, but since it was going from carb to EFI, they need to hook it up with the wire harness and an ECU. Plus, the gas tank should be replaced.

I'm considering to get this project started, but I need information on the swap. I'm a mechanic myself, so I could understand most of the procedures in swapping an engine. Could you guys provide me with your inputs on what to look for in the swap, procedures in the swapping process, or any information that I may use so as not to get the project screwed?

Thanks guys and peace up!

Back