Help Pickin A Laptop?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endless' acer > my dell

go with that. i think you'd have a very difficult time trying to beat that.

acer's arent the best styled machines ever, but my dad has had his for 2 years now and the only problem he's had was dropping it on concrete breaks the screen. an $80 fix.

So, the quality of the Acer stuff isnt too bad huh?

its strong and ugly. if you're okay with that then go for it. i know im good with that.

its strong and ugly. if you're okay with that then go for it. i know im good with that.

Funtion > form. At least in this case, since it really doesn't look too bad.

I would reccomend this one.
Newegg.com - ASUS K50 Series K50AB-X2A NoteBook AMD Turion X2 RM-75(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 - Laptops / Notebooks

$649.99

It is a little higher than you were asking but it has 4gb ram which is more than enough for what you need, more ram means faster loading. It has a separate video card which means the main board doesnt have to work as hard to show video which is good for editing. It has a 350gb hdd for storing a lot of files. It has 4 USB ports and a built in memory card reader.

From my uneducated point of view, all I see is an extra 20 gig of hard drive space and the better video card. Am I missing something?

Also, since I'm not gaming how much difference will I notice between a high grade video card, and say, the one in the Acer machine?

Little if any at all. Photoshop hits my processor more than my video card.

Ok, that's what I thought. Even tho I don't run Photoshop, the prossesor speed becomes a problem when I make big changes to a photo.

Ok, I dont like brining back old threads, but I figured you guys would wanna know what I ended up with.

I went and looked at the Accer, and in person the styling did bug me, which surprised me. So I kept lookin, and wound up with a HP Pavilion dv6-2155dx. Its got an Intel Core i3, 500 gig hard drive and 3 or 4 gigs of RAM, I cant remember for sure.

The price was a little higher than I originally set, but my last pay check and tax return were more than I anticipated, so I could justify the extra cost.

First impressions are great. I love the speed, thats for sure. Ive still gotta tinker with it, and look through it, but so far its all good.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back