Help Please, Car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

Ok so as the title says my car wont start... its a 94 Civic DX and I just had to redo the clutch, once we finally got it back together we went to test it out and the car wont start. It sits there cranking but never goes... does anyone have any idea on what happened? As far as I know I have everything back together correctly

then check for spark at the plugs... if no spark, no go. if there is spark, check for fuel and make sure it is getting it... if not getting fuel change the pump and filter. try these and get back to me.

yes, this is a resurection, but, I have the same thing happening. except i have a B16 i just finished changing the clutch and flywheel on, and it wont start now. and i've double triple checked everything is back together the way it was, and as far as i can tell yes. the only 3 electrical components disconnected were the battery, back-up switch, and vss. all reconnected (in correct order).

working with:
2000 Civic EX EJ8 chassis
1995 JDM B16A out of an SiR-II
OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness, P30 ecu

i have no spark
no blown fuses in the box under the hood, or under the dash
the dizzy is not recieving power
it's a funky swap (OBD2 ex body, OBD1 B16 [jdm]), and the power for the dizzy is ran from through the firewall to a fuse terminal in the drivers side fuse box. that's as far back as i can trace the wire, and no power is reaching that point. any ideas where to check from here? The fuse terminal they mech that did the swap selected only puts power to the dizzy when the key is in the on position. there are others that only put power durring crank, and another from accessory and up, but none of them are producing voltage. what those tie into must be the next thing to look at, but where i do not know.

fuel pump primes just fine, you can hear it. i dont get the usual beeps when i turn the key to the on position. i get no beeps. usually it beeps 3 times.

I have one code, 15, ignition output signal

it ran fine before the clutch swap.

any ideas greatly appriciated! Thanks fellas!

Last edited:
update: found the next step. the ignition switch. and i dont get any voltage there either. i've back probed the connecter where it attaches to the fuse box, and tested it unpluged. nothing.

Back