1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by I<3myhonda, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

hello all, ok here is a lil background, i just picked up a 91' Civic HB STD, when i first got it it ran but felt like it was being strangled. CEL 1 (o2 sensor) so i replaced it, cleared the code and bam cel code 1 o2 sensor again, after 3 o2 sensors i finally found out the problem to be clogged cat. so i got a new cat and she ran as good as a stock d15b2 dpfi could. then maybe a few weeks later i was driving down the hwy and all of a sudden i felt less power. in low rpm's it sounds like a wrx, so after searching and trouble shooting i found it could be my coil in the dizzy, since while thecar was running i would pull 1 plug at a time to see if it made any difference. well cylinder #2(counting down from dizzy) with plug pulled made no difference. so i swapped dizzy's. started it back up, no change. i the pulled the spark plug and made sure i was getting spark and i was. so this leads me to believe im not getting fuel. but since its DPFI (at the moment) it seems weird to me that only 1 of 4 cyl are not getting fuel. since its dpfi atleast 2 cyl shouldnt be getting fuel, not just 1. so i am stumped:( i know my rings are bad because im burning oil in high rpm's, so when i slap my z6 head on ill change out the rings. as soon as i get a obd0-obd1 jumper and obd1 harness the z6 head is going on so i can have MPFI and vtec. but untill i get those last few parts i still need my car to be running ok because i drive all over for work. im thinking of just throwing the z6 mani on for now when i get the wires so i can just get another block and build it so i know it will last. but that still leaves me with a geo metro 3 banger instead of my 4 slanger. iv replace fuel filter,o2 sensor 3x, dizzy,plugs, wires, but i and stumped!. can someone PLEASE help me out!! i got the weekend to get it running right so its kinda important. Please and Thanks in advance

2. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

bump

3. Dj211855

Dj211855 New Member

Let me get this straight. After replacing the dizzy the car wouldnt start? Thats what it sounds like your saying.

4. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

no, it would start but nothing changed, no difference. cyl #2 is getting spark but no fuel. and its dpfi so atleast 2 cyl shouldnt be working

5. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

dpfi= 1 injector feeds all four cylinders, and a auxillery injector helps out when more fuel is needed.
    i had my d15b2 do what yours is doing, then cleared up and ran fine.
    2weeks later the #4 cylinder split open a 1/4 inch wide.. could be a ring land giving out, letting oil foul the plug for number 2..

6. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

so should i take the manifold off and check/clean/replace the inj.? and this prolly sounds dumb but how do you even get to the injector/injectors? do i have to take apart the whole manifold? or is there a different way to get to it? iv been looking and dont seem to see it very clearly. got pics or diagram? and thanks for a response

7. josh_crewdson@y

if three cylinders run, its def not an injector. the same injector that feeds cylinder #s 1,3,4 feeds number 2 also.
    do a compression/leakdown test.
    pull the plugs and see what they look like, if number 2 looks darker, then you are probably fouling the plug.
    it could be oil or antifreeze.

8. josh_crewdson@y

i wouldnt worry about the injectors, they are mounted on the front side of the throttle body, one is green and one is brown iirc..

9. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

it is darker so it is gettin fouled up but i swapped in a new plug and tried again and no change, i gave it no time to foul up and still problem exist

10. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

oh and idk if i mentioned it or not but it seems to run a lil better in the higher rpms

11. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

so what do i need to do to get it running ok for another few weeks so i can get the rest of the swap part together?

12. josh_crewdson@y

try swapping the plug wire with a known good one.

13. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

pulled injectors, is the top or bottom primary? the top inj. was a lil dirty and was surrounded by gas when i pulled it. bottom one not as much. if i were to swap them would i do horrific damage?

14. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

@ josh, did, and put plug in and set on frame and am getting spark

15. josh_crewdson@y

you can get spark through a messed up wire, it is delayed though and not as strong.
    i wouldnt mess with the injectors, i think the top was primary.

16. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

k, i tried using the plug wires from the z6 head but i know they are different bc of vtec but would it make a huge difference? or should i just swap #1 with #2 or #4 with #2?

17. josh_crewdson@y

you could try swapping #2 with #1 see if the missfire changes to cyl 1

18. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

didnt make a difference, pulled #4 plug while running and #2 plug while runnging and made no difference.. so it must be one of the injectors right? oh and now i threw a cel code 5 (map sensor) would that cause these issues?

19. I<3myhonda

I<3myhonda New Member

20. josh_crewdson@y

i meant swap the wires for #'s 2 & 1 at the head and dizzy both. if the missfire moves to #1, then you know it was the wire. if the miss doesnt change cyl then the wire is good, and at that point i'd do a compression test.
    also make sure the points inside the dizzy cap arent bent.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted