help please im stupmped and search has failed me!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ReactioN

Well i just got done swaping a b18a1 into my eg(94 hatch) but when i tried to fire it up Sparks came out the Negative wire that attaches to the chassie, what should i do? what should i check.

Please and thanks

Well, it only does it when you try to crank? Does the car even crank?

no i hear the fuel prime but then i try to start it an it sparks its wired ima tak off the engine harnnes right now and check for a short

Check the starter wires(both constant/battery and signal). They're pretty close to the body and if the signal wire or something is touching the body of the starter, it will cause a short. A short in the smaller wires would cause the wires to burn but the larger wires can carry more current.

you got a pic of how i should connect wires to starter my haynes for my d15 didnt help at all :( lol

Well, there's two wires that go to the starter. One of them goes straight to the battery; that's the one with the bolt holding it on. The other just has a terminal and plugs into the solenoid-side(usually next to the battery/constant wire). If the terminal(signal) is touching the body; it would short only when you try to start it.

Damn by the sounds of it, it looks like i had it wrong but do you have a pic just to make sure? or can you find one? ive been looking for like 1hr and google just sucks for this kind of stuff

I snapped a pic of mine; it'll look different from yours mainly because I have a bigger wire on there with the terminal boot off the signal wire.

Big red wire is where constant goes(to the battery), and the black/red wire is the signal.

Last pic is my brother's car, which is stock.

Attachments

• 100_2330.JPG
    100_2330.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_2333.JPG
    100_2333.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 90
Also, I should mention; make sure the ground is clean and tightened all the way.

Back